Pete (a.k.a. pete2tone,
was also petetigger)
3 Dec 71 in Watford, England
did you get into 808:
1989 - after getting fed up of waiting for new Kraftwerk
& Art Of Noise material, I needed something 2 change
my life. So whilst watching Top of The Pops I see 808 performing
Pacific - WOW that is a tune that blew me away, picked up
90 & was mad 4 it.
freaked out moments:
Playing the Extended Pleasure EP and hearing Cubik for the
first time .... (not forgetting G-MEX 91 & backstage
at Middlesex University Gig!)
Live gigs attended:
prized 808 items:
18 Jan 91 - Wembley Arena
16 Mar 91 - G-Mex, Manchester
15 Dec 92 - Wembley Arena
21 Feb 93 - Town & Country Club, Kentish Town
21 Jun 96 - Castlefield, Manchester
5 Feb 97 - LA2, London
24 May 97 - (Essential Festival) Stanmer Park, Brighton
2 Aug 97 - (Essential Weekender) Finsbury Park, London
31 Dec 97 / Thu 1 Jan 98 - (Essential New Year) Alexandra
5 Jun 99 - Memorial Park, Coventry
12 Jun 99 - Middlesex University
30 Apr 00 - Mass, Brixton
11 Nov 01 - Circus Club, Dundee, Scotland
2 Jun 02 - Coloursfest, Glasgow, Scotland
- Sat 3 Aug 02 - G:Percussion, Manchester
- Fri 18 Oct 02 - 93 Feet East, London
- Sun 22 Dec 02 -
- Sun 14 Sep 03 - In The City, Manchester
- 28 Jan 2006 - MCr vs Cancer, Manchester
- 13 Aug 2006 - Bloom Festival, Salisbury
- 23 Mar 2008 - The Hacienda Warehouse Party, Manchester
- 25 May 2008 - Gatecrasher Summer Sound System, Brackley, Northants
- 14 Nov 2008 - Bestival Reunion, Dublin,Ireland
- 25 Apr 2009 - Camden Crawl, Koko, London
- 19 Jun 2010 - Masstival, Brixton Mass, London
- 14 May 2011 O2 Academy, Glasgow, Scotland
- 27 Jan 2012 Village Underground, London
My collection of Promo Videos, video clips from TV & my incomplete collection of 808 t-shirts.
wanted 808 item:
Early Merchandise =
Estado 808 Technologia,
In Yer Face & Quadrastate t-shirts. I also remember
seeing green 808 baseball caps @
Pacific cassette single.
State To State Vol. 2 (this wish was granted through the
release of the opti buk dvd).
N-Joi, LFO, Orbital, Aphex Twin, Kraftwerk, Art Of Noise,
Art Of Silence, Leftfield, Altern 8/Nexus 21, Purity, Spooky,
Shades Of Rhythm, Way Out West, Depeche Mode & Prodigy.
Also into all 2-Tone era artists (what I grew up to).
Pete has produced various excellent 808state.com t-shirts
and old-skool t-shirts as modelled on the photos.
State t-shirts: model's own.