Cubik Bootleg

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

BADGERMAN

Cubik Bootleg

Post by BADGERMAN » 08 Nov 2004 22:32

After the news of the new Deepgroove Cubik remix release I decided to go record shopping at Bristol to try and find it.

Didnt find it but had a successful day and found two 808 items I hadnt got. Finally got my copy of the xmen 2003 version.

But also found a bootleg slimshady verses 808 cubik. Havnt listened to it yet but will do tomorrow when I get my decks back (just moved house). I expect it to be cheese but it might still be good cheese.

Markus how can I send it to you (if its worth sending) Im not completely clued up on sending mp3s but should be able to do it.

Ive also got that Kenny Ken mix of Pacific to send you - its pretty much the grooverider remix slightly sped up I think with a few refinements added.

Please messege me if you want it sent. Can you put a bootleg with slimshady on the website?

markus

Post by markus » 08 Nov 2004 22:57

Have sent you a private message with upload instructions. Looking forward.

BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN » 11 Nov 2004 19:16

I have finally listened to the track. Even though the label reads "808 State Vs Slim Shady Bootleg Breakbeat Cubik" - its actually not 808 Vs Slim Shady they are on opposite sides.

Instead there is a fantastic bouncy breakbeat version of Cubic wich lasts over 7 minutes. I think its the best non 808 remix of cubic Ive heard so far. (Sounds a bit like the plump Djs).

There is a chance that it is the deepgroove mix - as I have not yet successfully downloaded the sample clip. This version has a bloke saying "all the energy you want"- its Brilliant!

Is this the deepgroove version - I hope not because ive just ordered it!

I will try to send Markus an mp3 of it at the weekend.

markus

Post by markus » 11 Nov 2004 23:55

I've just listened to a clip of the Slim Shady mix and can confirm that it's *not* the Deepgroove mix. Pumping indeed! :)

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 20 Nov 2004 01:06

nah its not the deepgroove mix...i actually thought the slim shady pacific thingy was a pile of steaming turd...trance style breax...whereas the deepgroove version is kinda electro house which is less offensive....just my tuppence worth

ps...if any of u miserable c*** want either of these then pm me and i may be feelin generous ;)

afterall these are rip off of 808 so who gives a f***???