tracks used in videos

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

'Steve'

tracks used in videos

Post by 'Steve' » 01 Feb 2007 22:01

Since I bought Opti Buk the other day, I've been wondering about some of the mixes on some of the videos and where to get them:

The mix of 'Lift' used in the video

The mix of 'Oops' used in the 'live' video of the track.

Also the version of 'Ancodia' is different to the one from 808:90, I'm guessing that's from the Extended Pleasures of Dance EP-is there anywhere else I can find it?

Great bonus disc by the way! :D

PatFromCanada

Post by PatFromCanada » 06 Feb 2007 00:32

I'm sure the agents are gonna smoke me on this one... 8)

The version of Lift that you heard on the video is the 7" version on the 45 release. I say this because I think I have it on wax and I always loved the disco stingy bits that were added for it.

I have that version of lift on 12" and it's got the same sleve design as this one as referenced from this site's discogs listings... UK 1991 CD5 ZANG20CD ZTT/WEA - Lift 7" Version

There's also a (7" mix) on the Tommy Boy cd single release but it's not the same as far as I remember.

That live version of Oops is on the US Tommy Boy cd single maxi single. The one I have has loads of mixes on it. OOOPS - US 1991 CD5 TBCD986 ZTT/TOMMY BOY - Me thinks the Eric Kupper Hysteria mix (one of the two on the single) I LOVE this remix.. it's killer.

I think I could be wrong on this one.. but that version of Anaconda could be the one found on the Tommy Boy Utd State 90 release.

Charrs!! Pat from Canada

solarex

Post by solarex » 06 Feb 2007 20:27

Ancodia is a 7" edit of the remix which is found on the EP Of Dance 12" (and other places). That version was planned as a 7" of EP of Dance AA'ed with the Cobra Bora remix.

That 7" got cancelled along with the CD single. That latter is a living mystery but the 7" excists on whitelabel copies. I know, because I have been lucky enough to track one down. It does say Zang 2 on the run-out.

The video was cut as a Pacific footage recycle. It was release on a compilation called Rave On. Very strange. Very ZTT.

808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army » 06 Feb 2007 21:34

Was the version of Ooops used not the Mellow Birds Edit?

nickking

Post by nickking » 07 Feb 2007 15:54

solarex wrote:Ancodia is a 7" edit of the remix which is found on the EP Of Dance 12" (and other places). That version was planned as a 7" of EP of Dance AA'ed with the Cobra Bora remix.

That 7" got cancelled along with the CD single. That latter is a living mystery but the 7" excists on whitelabel copies. I know, because I have been lucky enough to track one down. It does say Zang 2 on the run-out.

The video was cut as a Pacific footage recycle. It was release on a compilation called Rave On. Very strange. Very ZTT.
Just before I shut down my computer (!), do you know if the version on the 7" whitelabel is the same as that on the "Deep Heat 7"/"Rave" albums (not having got the 7" whitelabel)? The version on the Deep Heat 7 album is titled "Tatees Deep Nit Funky Beat Mix", but clocks in at 3:44.

newbuild

Post by newbuild » 08 Feb 2007 12:04

its a shame that the ep of dance wasnt issued on cd...doesnt really make sense...i guess pacific was a bigger hit than cübik...
perhaps we will see it on the 808 ztt reissues?
are the reissues out yet?
ive seen on bleep.com that the ztt albums available for download have new sequential catalogue numbers...

nickking

Post by nickking » 08 Feb 2007 12:42

newbuild wrote:its a shame that the ep of dance wasnt issued on cd...doesnt really make sense...i guess pacific was a bigger hit than cübik...
perhaps we will see it on the 808 ztt reissues?
are the reissues out yet?
ive seen on bleep.com that the ztt albums available for download have new sequential catalogue numbers...
No news on the reissues yet, and I'd hazzard a guess that when they are finalised, then the tracks from the Extended Pleasures will be on them?

On bleep.com/itunes/etc, the standard albums themselves are available to download with the first reissued catalogue numbers (i.e. ZTT1 - or something like that? - for '90' - this has appeared on CD with this catalogue number)

solarex

Post by solarex » 09 Feb 2007 08:30

I'll clock the Ancodia 7" tonight. But I guess it is the same as on the compilations. And as the one on Opti:Buk.

solarex

Post by solarex » 09 Feb 2007 22:31

The 7" versions of Cobra Bora and Ancodia off EP Of Dance 7" whitelabel.

[Zang 2A]
Cobra Bora 2:55
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ojt3fe

[Zang 2AA]
Ancodia 3:41
http://www.sendspace.com/file/82x14m