Stakker Humanoid remixes by Graham Massey

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Postby big raff » 03 Jan 2008 18:57

nickking wrote: I need to try and find some other Humanoid stuff (apart from Stakker Humanoid) to investigate (e.g. Eurotechno, Rephlex BBC Sessions, etc)...

8)

Humanoid sessions 84-88 on rephlex is a must have album. some seriously mindblowing little tracks on there.
big raff

Postby Pob » 07 Jan 2008 13:16

Santa brought it for me and I've only just got round to giving it a listen. I like it.

I thought it was going to be a bit like the Moby Go! Remixes (where all the tracks are essentially the same) but it isn't. It's amazing that "All Tracks Written By Brian Dougan" when in most cases the only common feature is the Humanoid robot voice! Looks like James Brown can be credited with writing most early house tracks. :wink: Graham's mix is good. At first you think "Off he goes on one of his tangents" but then it all comes together nicely.
Pob

GLOBAL

Postby N.JOHNSON » 22 Jan 2008 08:22

Managed to get my hands on a copy of Humanoids Global album on CD. I have been after it for a while now and good old ebay came up with the goods and i didnt pay too much for it either. Only about a tenner.
Those of you who have it will know what an excellent album it is. Back in the day Stakker Humanoid seemed to be a one hit wonder and the follow up single, Slam didn't do as well as its predesesor which i think attained a number one slot in the top ten.
I love the track called Technoid which is very 808 state in style. So now i have This album and the Radio One sessions along with Your Body Robotic i think my Humanoid CD collection is as complete as i want it to be.
Why i didn't buy Global Humanoid at the time it was released i have no idea. Probably due to the fact that i was younger and didn't have much money as a 14-15 year old. But you know what they say, "All good things come to those who wait." And i have waited all these years.
Just thought i would share that with you all. Thanks for reading.

Regards

Nick. :wink:
N.JOHNSON

Previous

Return to 808 State discussion