Outpost Transmission Promo

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Mark

Post by Mark » 09 Sep 2002 19:11

Well, you will have probably seen from the news page, I am very lucky to have obtained a promo copy of Outpost Transmission.

It is a superb album, with some great tracks, only one I'm not keen on, but it's growing. The album takes a few listens, as every time you hear it there's something new, it is of course completely 808, you can hear sounds you've heard before that take on a totally new meaning. I won't go through specific track details, as I don't want to give too much away and spoil it, but rest assured fellow 808 fans, you will not be dissapointed, it is probably their best album to date. Pure Aural candy.

Very elaborate, with a few 'rock out' tracks OT is simply album of the year, and makes the many pretenders to the throne look very lightweight in comparison.

One complaint, Quincy's should have definately been included on the UK release. At least the Jap disc will include it, plus another new track.

Its been a good year for us 808 fans after six years of virtually nothing. Optibuk, STS2, OT and the Globalstate tracks mean we have been treated to some great stuff.

October 7th will go down as a great day in 808 history. 808 State are back, and its as if they've never really been away.

808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army » 09 Sep 2002 22:37

Great to see there is at last some hard evidence of this album actually reaching us :smile: Does anyone know if there will be any merchandise produced to co-incide with the release? t-shirts etc. Roll on October 7th :smile:

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 10 Sep 2002 08:42

Some more info on the label would be nice...who owns it, and what kind of backing do they have? Wasn't too impressed with their 'lo-fi' website..

nickking

Post by nickking » 11 Sep 2002 00:41

I personally think that the website is just a place where you can go and buy the records (i.e. it redirects you to a shopping portal for certain record labels).

Looks to be a fairly small independent label from the acts listed on the website, although I had heard of The Go Betweens before... Or maybe it's because I'm getting too old!!

l8rs,

Nick :wink:

Souflex

Post by Souflex » 11 Sep 2002 10:35

Hi Mark,

how did you obtain a promo from the new cd?
I was just wondering thats all......you lucky git!

What like is souflex? C'mon gives a wee clue eh??

Enjoy!

Mark

Post by Mark » 11 Sep 2002 18:06

My source shall remain un-named, it was an acquaintance who owns a record store, he has an eye out for any 808 stuff for me. There was 3 copies, however he sold the other 2.

Souflex is a typical 808 track, it starts off with a chinese sounding melody and has a nice little tune running throughout with some heavy beats incorporated, it zips along quite nicely with a definate oriental feel throughout, its just under 5 mins long.

Don't worry Gary its a great track.