20 Years in a State... on Air.

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Postby dj evol eno » 17 Apr 2008 22:03

markus wrote:Well Evol, fantastic show, congratulations on the choice of tunes.

So far I've only gotten as far as Cubik, then the stream gave up :(
I listened to some other of your shows (very nice too) last week and had some problems too with the stream. [error syncing to stream]

Is there any chance of making the show available as a download as opposed to a stream? Or even letting us have it to put it on the 808 site for download? Needless to say with all credits due.

Thanks,

Markus
P.S. Note to all others, to listen to the stream you have to register at the multiply site, but it's painless. :)

First, thanks for the kind words.

Second, I heard Multiply will sometimes have problems with longer audio files like this. I should have mentioned it earlier, it's best if you just download it. To download it do the right click thing and "Save As..." or Macs do the CTRL click and do something similar. Simply clicking on the "Download" button will more often than not cause the audio to simply stream via Quicktime or whatever auto-browser program it's set for. If it is too long, i may have to cut the program in half and create two seperate hours of programming.

If you are having problems with the streaming audio directly from the radio station site (www.wvfs.fsu.edu), well I can't help you there. Don't know enough about the station's streaming audio. But if you tell me when it happened i'll mention it to our tech folks and see what they can tell me about it.

As far as sharing, it's up there for free for anyone, if someone wanted to post it on the 808 site, i'd scream like a little girl and then probably piss myself, but yes, it's available for that if someone wants to do it.

Thanks again for the kind words and I am sorry about any problems during the streaming of this audio...but thanks for letting me know about it.
dj evol eno

Postby markus » 17 Apr 2008 22:24

I'm aware of how to download stuff, but I can't see a 'download' button, all I can see is "Play this playlist". Can anyone help with a back-door? ;) Don Dee?
markus

Postby dj evol eno » 17 Apr 2008 22:27

markus wrote:I'm aware of how to download stuff, but I can't see a 'download' button, all I can see is "Play this playlist". Can anyone help with a back-door? ;) Don Dee?

Ah, yeah, that button doesn't show up till you are signed in. But wait, I thought you had signed in. :( Now i am confused. It should show up on the right side of the screen, parallel with the "file name," straight across from "808 State Artist Feature 04-13-08." It shows for me.
dj evol eno

Postby markus » 17 Apr 2008 22:55

Can't see it. Must be me. Anyone?
markus

Postby nickking » 17 Apr 2008 22:57

markus wrote:Can't see it. Must be me. Anyone?

Nope, I can't see it either - it simply fires up Windows Media Player (i.e. the m3u file), no sign of any download link anywhere...

Oh yeah, I'm registered! :P

8)
nickking

Postby nickking » 17 Apr 2008 23:04

nickking

Postby dj evol eno » 18 Apr 2008 04:08

nickking wrote:i.e. http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/mus ... _808_State shows no download button...

8)

Hmmm...now it seems none of the recordings have a download option. I'll have to try and figure this out. Please forgive me for this...never happened before...As far as I know.
dj evol eno

Postby dee3 » 18 Apr 2008 08:30

1. Register to multiply.com
2. "Right-click, Save-as" the m3u-file
3. Open the m3u-file in notepad or a similar editor
4. Copy the loooong-URL and paste it into your browser's address-bar
5. Decide on which HD you want to save it on

That's what I did - and I'm DL'ing the show now...

Or one could try: http://snipurl.com/24uug

Takes a while to load, and I haven't tried out to see,
if the file is session-protected (my immediate guess is that it is).

UPDATE: The file is session-protected!
Which means you'll have to be logged in at multiply.com,
if you want to try the snipurl-option above...

'hope this'll (still) sort you all out...

d.
dee3

Postby Pob » 18 Apr 2008 12:45

I tell you what Dee - you are a genius, mate!
Pob

Postby markus » 18 Apr 2008 12:52

I knew the mighty Dee would save the day!
Update: once you've got the code and you paste it into your browser, make sure you leave off the stuff after the .mp3
e.g. ?encid=U2FsdGVkX18ynfp2SOn5OvUKVpZrKAv.7fJwDbofUzE=&nmid=91679856
markus

Postby dj evol eno » 18 Apr 2008 13:47

It looks as though I broke a Multiply rule about their song/file uploads. A "song" should be no longer than 90 minutes. I think it could be that my "overloading" of the system could have locked out the users. When i'm signed in as myself, it will still show the download option, but I set up another account and nothing is showing. I'm really sorry about this mess and will try and fix it tonight. Unfortunately I'll probably have to split the show into two parts. I am really sorry about sending you all on a wild goose chase. Won't happen again.
dj evol eno

Postby markus » 18 Apr 2008 14:04

Well thanks to Dee I've managed to download it, so if you approve, I will upload the show as one file for download on 808state.com :)
markus

Postby dj evol eno » 18 Apr 2008 14:13

markus wrote:Well thanks to Dee I've managed to download it, so if you approve, I will upload the show as one file for download on 808state.com :)

That would be awesome. Please add something about the playlist at the show's site if you don't mind, so folks will know where it came from.
Playlist address: http://clubconvergence.multiply.com/journal/item/153

Thanks again.
dj evol eno

Postby markus » 18 Apr 2008 15:32

Thanks, will do!
markus

Postby markus » 18 Apr 2008 21:42

Have mentioned you in the news section :)
markus

Previous

Return to 808 State discussion