Does Pacific B exist on CD anywhere

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Naveed
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:26

Does Pacific B exist on CD anywhere

Postby Naveed » 18 Jun 2008 00:45

I prefer this to all the other Pacific mixes - not sure if it exists as a CD version anywhere.
If it does then please let me know.

nickking
Posts: 1848
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Re: Does Pacific B exist on CD anywhere

Postby nickking » 18 Jun 2008 02:14

Naveed wrote:I prefer this to all the other Pacific mixes - not sure if it exists as a CD version anywhere.
If it does then please let me know.


Yes indeed - on a compilation CD, called "Classic Rave" (listed as "Pacific State 808", but actually "Pacific b").

8)

Naveed
Posts: 3
Joined: 18 Jun 2008 00:26

Postby Naveed » 18 Jun 2008 11:17

Thanks for the reply - much appreciated.
This has been nagging me for quite some time now.

I have the track on the Pacific cassette single and its one of the very few cassettes that I've kept - purely for that mix.
Might stick it up on eBay once I get hold of the CD.

Thanks again.

Qubism
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 May 2008 23:00
Location: somewhere near Nottingham

Postby Qubism » 18 Jun 2008 13:37

Are we talking Moonshine record label, CD released 1998?

I am shocked that I can't remember if I have a pacific 7" or not! All my vinyl is boxed up in the garage while I retrofit a few rooms in my house...

Qubism

nickking
Posts: 1848
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City
Contact:

Postby nickking » 18 Jun 2008 13:55

Qubism wrote:Are we talking Moonshine record label, CD released 1998?

I am shocked that I can't remember if I have a pacific 7" or not! All my vinyl is boxed up in the garage while I retrofit a few rooms in my house...

Qubism


Yup, the Moonshine record label CD released in 1988.

Not listed as "Pacific b", and (until someone pointed it out on the forum sometime ago)... :)

I've got said compilation CD, and compared it with Pacific b on both the cassette and 7" - identical.

8)

solarex
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Aug 2002 01:00

Postby solarex » 18 Jun 2008 14:02

Speaking of this. And in relation to the Pacific compilation list of this thread.

http://808state.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2016


I have varified the version on the Ibiza The Story So Far... compilation and it is the 303 version. But it is a mix CD. And otherwise pretty horrible.

Qubism
Posts: 10
Joined: 16 May 2008 23:00
Location: somewhere near Nottingham

Postby Qubism » 18 Jun 2008 14:57

Hmmmm....I just found a 30 sec sample on amazon.com's listing for classic rave and pacific b sound s very similar to the quadroriginal (see what i did there...?)

Do those that know these things think it's just an edit of the orig and worth me getting a copy of the classic rave cd?

Cheers and thanks to everybody here for your exhaustive knowledge!

Qubism

solarex
Posts: 346
Joined: 30 Aug 2002 01:00

Postby solarex » 18 Jun 2008 16:54

Qubism wrote:Hmmmm....I just found a 30 sec sample on amazon.com's listing for classic rave and pacific b sound s very similar to the quadroriginal (see what i did there...?)


It is a 7" edit. Yes.

Pete
Posts: 764
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: North London

Postby Pete » 19 Jun 2008 22:23

nickking wrote:
Qubism wrote:Are we talking Moonshine record label, CD released 1998?

I am shocked that I can't remember if I have a pacific 7" or not! All my vinyl is boxed up in the garage while I retrofit a few rooms in my house...

Qubism


Yup, the Moonshine record label CD released in 1988.

Not listed as "Pacific b", and (until someone pointed it out on the forum sometime ago)... :)

I've got said compilation CD, and compared it with Pacific b on both the cassette and 7" - identical.

8)


1988 nick, blimey they must've got it using the tardis!


Return to “808 State discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests