90, EX:el, Gorgeous & Don Solaris Deluxe CDs Feedback

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Postby moni » 29 Sep 2008 13:00

EX:EL

Again, punters who bought singles will have half of these tracks already but I'm made up to have another version of Lambrusco Cowboy and In Yer Face. Although I must say the Cheadle Royal mix of In Yer Face doesn't seem to flow as well as it should. It is almost like a fan mix. (Sorry).

I can't understand why Olympic is missing of the remaster since it was on the original CD.



I'm pleased to say Olympic is on the remaster. I was suprised to hear it starting after Techno Bell. Think somebody forgot to include it in the tracklistings.
8)
moni
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Sep 2008 12:55

Postby nickking » 29 Sep 2008 14:07

moni wrote:I'm pleased to say Olympic is on the remaster. I was suprised to hear it starting after Techno Bell. Think somebody forgot to include it in the tracklistings.
8)


So, Olympic is on the remaster then? :-?

And what's with the green text on the ex:el front cover??

Image

Oh, btw, if you want to compare about exclusive tracks on remasters, check out the New Order remasters (also released today)... No new tracks, and about 3 or 4 tracks new to CD...

8)
nickking
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City

Postby markus » 29 Sep 2008 14:26

moni wrote:EX:EL
I'm pleased to say Olympic is on the remaster. I was suprised to hear it starting after Techno Bell. Think somebody forgot to include it in the tracklistings.
8)

Are you serious or just joking?

And yes, I'd like to know too what the sleeve colours of 90 and ex:el are like, anything like the originals?
markus
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: 23 Mar 2002 01:00
Location: The Dam

Postby moni » 29 Sep 2008 14:35

markus wrote:
moni wrote:EX:EL
I'm pleased to say Olympic is on the remaster. I was suprised to hear it starting after Techno Bell. Think somebody forgot to include it in the tracklistings.
8)

Are you serious or just joking?

And yes, I'd like to know too what the sleeve colours of 90 and ex:el are like, anything like the originals?


Deadly serious the CD has 13 tracks on it yet no mention of Olympic on the the back cover or the inlay. I'm listening to the bonus disc right now and it sounds superb they have done a great job remastering it. :D
moni
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Sep 2008 12:55

Postby 808state's Tartan Army » 29 Sep 2008 14:44

I too can confirm that Olympic is on CD1.

The remasters, by the way, sound excellent! :D
808state's Tartan Army
 
Posts: 478
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Peebles, Scotland

Postby nickking » 29 Sep 2008 15:06

808state's Tartan Army wrote:I too can confirm that Olympic is on CD1.

The remasters, by the way, sound excellent! :D


Ah, it wasn't on the Japanese release... :)
nickking
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City

Postby moni » 29 Sep 2008 15:16

nickking wrote:
808state's Tartan Army wrote:I too can confirm that Olympic is on CD1.

The remasters, by the way, sound excellent! :D


Ah, it wasn't on the Japanese release... :)


It's about time the roles were reversed anyway concerning Japanese CD's who always seem to get stuff exclusive to their own country and we have to pay through the nose to obtain them.
moni
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Sep 2008 12:55

Postby nickking » 29 Sep 2008 15:23

moni wrote:
nickking wrote:
808state's Tartan Army wrote:I too can confirm that Olympic is on CD1.

The remasters, by the way, sound excellent! :D


Ah, it wasn't on the Japanese release... :)


It's about time the roles were reversed anyway concerning Japanese CD's who always seem to get stuff exclusive to their own country and we have to pay through the nose to obtain them.


Very true, but at least the Japanese CD's got the covers right (i.e. yellow text as opposed to green, and not sure what colour background that is on the ZTT cover - where it says 808 State, as well as the 808 graphic?)! :P

Image

8)
Last edited by nickking on 29 Sep 2008 15:25, edited 1 time in total.
nickking
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City

Postby 808state's Tartan Army » 29 Sep 2008 15:25

moni wrote:It's about time the roles were reversed anyway concerning Japanese CD's who always seem to get stuff exclusive to their own country and we have to pay through the nose to obtain them.


Hear, hear!
808state's Tartan Army
 
Posts: 478
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Peebles, Scotland

Postby moni » 29 Sep 2008 15:37

Yes it is in green but to be honest i couldn't care less about the cover it's the music i'm more interested in. I only have EX:EL right now and i'm waiting on Ninety coming hopefully tomorrow and i have to say the have done a tremendous job remastering the CD's, In fact i'm that impressed i went and ordered Gorgeous which i wasn't going to bother about though it's out of stock already at HMV so they must be selling well. Think i will give Don Solaris a miss though mainly because there are no mixes of Azura on it which i find quite baffling. Back on the subject of the covers there was some pillock over on the New Order forum who is refusing to buy one of the NO remasters because it has a slightly different cover. You get them don't you :wink:
moni
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Sep 2008 12:55

Postby nickking » 29 Sep 2008 15:39

moni wrote:Yes it is in green but to be honest i couldn't care less about the cover it's the music i'm more interested in. I only have EX:EL right now and i'm waiting on Ninety coming hopefully tomorrow and i have to say the have done a tremendous job remastering the CD's, In fact i'm that impressed i went and ordered Gorgeous which i wasn't going to bother about though it's out of stock already at HMV so they must be selling well. Think i will give Don Solaris a miss though mainly because there are no mixes of Azura on it which i find quite baffling. Back on the subject of the covers there was some pillock over on the New Order forum who is refusing to buy one of the NO remasters because it has a slightly different cover. You get them don't you :wink:


Very true... That would be Brotherhood! :wink:

Oh, and the New Order remasters seem to be full of mastering errors (e.g. TBHOG on Brotherhood bonus CD)...

8)
nickking
 
Posts: 1822
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Welwyn Garden City

Postby moni » 29 Sep 2008 15:51

nickking wrote:
moni wrote:Yes it is in green but to be honest i couldn't care less about the cover it's the music i'm more interested in. I only have EX:EL right now and i'm waiting on Ninety coming hopefully tomorrow and i have to say the have done a tremendous job remastering the CD's, In fact i'm that impressed i went and ordered Gorgeous which i wasn't going to bother about though it's out of stock already at HMV so they must be selling well. Think i will give Don Solaris a miss though mainly because there are no mixes of Azura on it which i find quite baffling. Back on the subject of the covers there was some pillock over on the New Order forum who is refusing to buy one of the NO remasters because it has a slightly different cover. You get them don't you :wink:


Very true... That would be Brotherhood! :wink:

Oh, and the New Order remasters seem to be full of mastering errors (e.g. TBHOG on Brotherhood bonus CD)...

8)


Glad i never bought them then i was very tempted but the lack of rare stuff put me off. their releases seem to go from one disaster to another after that Retro box debarcle very unlike Rhino though they are usually excellent in reissuing stuff.
moni
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Sep 2008 12:55

Postby SteveC » 29 Sep 2008 17:25

I'd love to hear this album that was scrapped in order to produce Don Solaris. Does it still exist in some format, has elements of it been released, or was it simply reworked to appear on Don?
SteveC
 
Posts: 709
Joined: 02 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Warrington, England

Postby IanPeel » 29 Sep 2008 19:39

Image
IanPeel
 
Posts: 84
Joined: 11 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Winchester, UK

Postby Mark » 29 Sep 2008 19:53

Since we are on the subject of sleeve colours, text etc.... The boxes are a bit flimsy. I broke my ex:el box today trying to flip the tray to CD 2.

Shocking manufacturing!!!! Good job they sound so good!
Mark
 
Posts: 610
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 01:00
Location: Middlesbrough

PreviousNext

Return to 808 State discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron