Wow...I've not been here in years !

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Wow...I've not been here in years !

Postby pacific reefer » 14 Mar 2009 09:04

Hello 808ers..
Probably most of you won't even remember me. Markus might. There are a few of my fan mixes on the sounds page from a number of years ago.
I also did the 'Sonic Noodle Soup' zine with a Martin Price interview. I also managed to snag an interview with the most bizarre Rik Davis (formerly of Cybotron fame) and Lekrogirl from Rephlex label (though she gave me a right good lashing at the time)

Wow...not had my 808 records/cds out in a long time, though there have been plenty of mp3 plays.

So, what's changed for me since I logged in those years ago?

I'm a father to two girls. They keep us super busy of course, so not much time for anything creative. Even though I still have a couple of unfinished 808 mixes on the drive.
Busy with a home business and paying a mortgage.

MP3s have swamped the market in a big way since I was last here and it's a pity, because they're just not the same...I'll have to dig out my copy of the Quadrastate LP.

It's been so long, I have not even kept up with 808 releases of the last few years !

But, great to see that some things don't change. The orange and black of this site is welcome for aging eyes.

So, Hiya to Markus and the 808 boys.
pacific reefer

Return to 808 State discussion