808 State EQUIPMENT (Past and Present)

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

808 State EQUIPMENT (Past and Present)

Postby graham » 20 Sep 2010 08:11

Noticed a couple of bits of Newbuild era kit on E Bay this weekend.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300467639347
An early Roland Step Sequencer used mainly as a syncroniser for the Roland 24 din sync to Midi and visa versa.But Also for the drones on Narcosa.
Also
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400154791987&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_500wt_928
A Korg Latin Percussion box as used on Deepville and Let your self go.
These pieces are not the actual ones.
I assume both pieces belonging to Gerald where stolen in various unfortunate studio break ins during the 90s .and probably ended up somewhere useless.

(Previous owners)

The Jupiter 8 synth I now own and has been used since Gorgeous,once belonged to Gerald and was sold by him to Johnny Roadhouse in 92.
(its recently been on holiday with Badly Drawn Boy and pops up on his new album)

Martin had a Jupiter 8 that was used extensively on North at its Heights
another good example of that machine is the Jon Hassle Remix (bass and arpegios) and the Yes Remix (bass).

Scuse the Nerd Factor but was talking to about Minimoogs the other day and how some have a nice history. The Mini Moog we used on 90 (cobra Bora, Donkey Doctor) (also on Recharge)we hired from Strawberry Studio and belonged to 10cc ,was possibly the 1st mini moog in the UK according to a rescent article on line..Also on
Recharge Strawberry's Fender Rhodes 88 was used which is probably the one used on" Im Not In Love."
On EX EL the mini Moog we were using was given to us by Trevor Horn
which could have graced any number of his tunes,(San Francisco is a good example) .This Moog was lost in cargo between Heathrow and LAX in 92.
My current Mini Moog was bought from a Piano shop in Denver whilst on tour.For $450.Its a Model D serial 4577 . I had a MIDI retro fit by Kento put on and has been used on everything else since.
graham

Postby solarex » 20 Sep 2010 13:40

Lovely. Not the theft part though.
solarex

Return to 808 State discussion