Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

808 State played on Internet Radio

Postby SPW » 02 Sep 2012 11:25

I just heard 808 State vs MC Tunes on this internet station:

http://www.nu-perceptionradio.com/
SPW

Re: 808 State played on Internet Radio

Postby SPW » 12 Sep 2012 02:20

On second thought internet radio is pretty much a gimmick.
So I have to tune in at such and such time just to hear a person play music they like?
Wouldn't it be easier just to upload a set for download?
It isn't like there is a shortage of DJ sets or electronic music galore to chose from.
It makes it that much more special if electronic music is played live by someone in the year 2012 on the internet = not.
I guess people are trying new things to give depleted electronic music scene value like the old days releasing limited this or that or having an exclusive streaming internet shows.
The only way I can see internet radio working is if it replaces current radio. A lot of people tune into the radio on their commute to work in their car for example.
It's kind of sad to see electronic music become what it is but I guess the novelty creating music with a drum machine, synth and sequencer became a very cheap and an easy thing to do. Hey look what I created, let me post it online with millions of other people, Soundcloud, Bandcamp. meh...Back in the late 1980s people were like wow! that was created with a drum machine and synth making cool tones, I need to run to the record store and buy it or tape it off the radio.
Now it's like it's real easy to create this music on a laptop and cheap software, there are millions of demons and artist/labels online, music is also free, nobody pays for it, oh sh*t, this music is worthless how can I give it value?
SPW

Return to 808 State discussion