808 DJs in Dublin-December 13

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

808 DJs in Dublin-December 13

Postby David » 07 Nov 2002 23:40

Aargh!!

Another DJ set-will the 808 of Darren,Graham and Andy ever play in Dublin ?Ever ?With 808 tunes only ?

This will be the third DJ set in recent years.
At The Temple Bar Music Centre-it should be brilliant as the Temple crowd know their stuff.The set there back in November 1999 (?) was just so good. Much better than the DJ set they did for a student club the following year where the students didn't quite get it (probably more use to Oasis) and Darren and Andy looked pissed off.

Anyway the club's site is www.tbmc.ie

Flights from Britain and most of Europe are really cheap either on www.aerlingus.ie or on www.ryanair.com and you get 1 euro for 60p sterling!
Could be a great weekend and er...if Darren and Andy throw in a few 808 tunes-I (and the crowd) will not complain !
David

808 DJs Dublin

Postby Ancodia » 08 Nov 2002 14:21

Markus,
Could you confirm the line-up, will it be Darren and Andy or may Graham be there! I should be able to make this gig as the Manchester gig is just to close to Christmas, considering my kids want half the local toy store this year. Of course, I'll furnish the site with photographs should I make it.
CYa,
John.
Ancodia

Postby markus » 08 Nov 2002 14:47

Since Homelife are playing Liverpool that very night, I would say it's a safe bet that Massey will not be in Ireland then.
Once you all know if you're going for sure, drop me a note a few days before the event, and I'll try to get you on the guest list. No promises, as usual...
markus

808 in Dublin

Postby Ancodia » 05 Dec 2002 13:51

Friday 13th December 2002
Fahrenheit 451 proudly presents 808 STATE DJs
808 STATE are Andrew Barker, Darren Partington and Graham Massey, but when Andrew Barker and Darren Partington perform their DJ set they are also known as the SPINMASTERS. Tonight they will be spinning everything from break-beat and electro to techno…and expect a few tasters from the new 808 State album [out on Nov 28th] plus other exclusive 808 State tracks (and we’re giving away free of copies of the new 808 State album during the night).

I'm playing a ten hour set the next night 8) , so I still don't know if I'm going to make it yet.

L8RS,
John
Ancodia

Return to 808 State discussion