artists who have shared the same stage as 808

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

Post by SteveC » 12 Aug 2003 15:51

Just been rummaging through some old ticket stubs.

Don't know if it was a misprint but the best 808 gig I went to was at Stoke Uni in 96. Along with Spooky, SLAB were on the ticket, although they never turned up, this could have been SLAM.

At the Essential Festival the running order for the Mixmag Arena was :

Ariel, James Lavelle, SPOOKY, Dave Clarke, DEATH IN VEGAS, Depth Charge, Grooverider, 808STATE, Derrick Carter and CHEMICAL BROTHERS

and at the NYE Megadog at the Manc Apollo 96, 808 blew us all away at the stroke of midnight only for SYSTEM 7 to spoil the party late on.

As for the cheapest gig, apart from the freebies, 1997 at Liverpool Haigh Building.........only £4.50

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 13 Aug 2003 09:09

Hey Steve! I went to that Stoke Uni Megadog gig in '96. Was actually the only time i've seen 808 live, but was a top night. I was quite 'off' it though, and the memory's a bit hazy now! :wink:

SteveC

Post by SteveC » 13 Aug 2003 15:00

Yeah Rich, it was top, the best actually.

There was loads of room even though it seemed fairly full. As we weren't students we had to ask to be signed in by a couple in order to get into the gig.

My mate was a bit of a poppers addict at this time but, god wow, did it make a difference to the night, magic.

We were the guys doing Harry Hill 'GOAL' impressions and playing invisible football. Everybody was dead friendly and the two guys who signed us in were top. They invited us back to their digs for a session afterwards, best night ever.

I tend to take it easy nowadays :wink: