the sounds of globalstate

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rodders

the sounds of globalstate

Post by Rodders »

after the xmas bonanza of the outpost demo's etc. is there plans on keeping up the download tracks in 2004? its cool that 808 give us chance to hear so much unreleased material, demos etc. lets have some more!

rodders
markus

Post by markus »

General question: Is the Sounds page appreciated? There hasn't been too much feedback lately, so Graham is wondering if it's worth it all. Apparently there is still plenty of archive material - so if you want more, let yourself be heard here now.
David

Post by David »

Yes of course-bring them on!!
Ancodia

You Better Believe It!

Post by Ancodia »

You better believe it's appreciated, I just don't think we're vocal enough about it. I think it's great to get some unheard 808, (cue 12th request) of course it would be great to hear the AON 'Moments in Love' mix Graham did. Calling Ian Peel, any chance of a copy?

Keep up the good work Markus, and Graham keep on diggin' in the archives.

L8RS,
John
nickking

Post by nickking »

Yes, we haven't been that vocal about the freebie tracks, but I'll try in the future! :D

Bring more on - they're always appreciated round these parts!

Cheers,

Nick ;)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Ive never downloaded the sounds because of my prehistoric technology, hence no feedback, but am hoping to get a new computor by May, (I was going to wait for the XP upgrade), which will enable me to download ALL the sounds which Ive never heard from the begining.

At the moment Mark/Pete have been kind enough to provide CDR's of some downloads, but am looking forward to compiling my own in the future.

Keep the sounds, they are appreciated. Where else could you hear FREE 808 tracks.
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

The sounds page is excellent. Keep it going, PLEASE! :D
a new reformed man

Post by a new reformed man »

Hi,

BIG respect to the sounds section....it is absoloute quality.

Love it to bits.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Hell yeah. keep it going, I generally try to say thanks and comment when a new track is posted on. The demo's are great and the exclusive unheard stuff is absolutely golddust. I have been on a lot of artists sites recently and there is no other that offers these exclusives. I can honestly say it is very much appreciated.

Thank you Markus and special thanks to Graham for taking the time out to dig out these gems! Perhaps if there are some unreleased tracks kicking around Graham could put together a compiliation CD for us on the site, I would certainly pay for the privilige, if it could be easily done? Just an idea.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

How about a live webcam of 808 in the studio. Do any studios provide this service ? Would be great if a studios website had this facility so you could see a band recording new material in real time.
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

the sounds page is most definitely appreciated...

definitely keep it going please! :)
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

oh yeh baby, keep the sounds coming, especially the unheard of tracks.

also big shout out to Mark who burns the cd's for me, as my pc is old, slow and has no sound!

i'm also gonna get a new pc in the summer, as i've got a new job starting soon, and more dj work in london starting next month!

while i'm on it, i'm still clearing out some of my vinyl and cds, just sold 3 Orbital 12's for £30 on eBay, just takes time to put it all on there!

email me with wants lists, i may be tempted in letting some gems go!
(sorry no 808 stuff ok). DJPete808@aol.com, my pete@808state.com address isn't working - markus?
Last edited by PeteB on 19 Feb 2004 22:41, edited 1 time in total.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Burning the CD's is no problem. I don't mind sharing the sounds with other members and they're freely up there on the site, so I'm doing no harm to 808. I was lucky enough to just get a new PC which makes it really easy, so if anyone who wants any CD's of the Globalstate tracks can just give me a shout on my e-mail and I'll be happy to oblige. (£50 a time - ho ho!)
joeskeys

Post by joeskeys »

The sound page is TIGHT. Keep it, puh-leeze! I do adore.
pacific reefer

Post by pacific reefer »

The sounds page is very very sweet...I don't visit it enough !!

What I would really really love is to work on some kind of unofficial fan remix cdr or something. I think David Bowie did this a few years back and so did Jarre.