Madchester: The Sound Of The North

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 06 May 2004 18:11

bummer!

nickking

Post by nickking » 06 May 2004 18:35

Rich The Donkey Doctor wrote:Cheers guys...but im still buggered - it download without the .zip extension - ie Madchester1.avi, and now when I try to download again it is still comming up as Madchester1.avi

Also the file is supposed to be 192.47 Mb? Well my downloaded file is 80.2 Mb - how come?

Sorry to be so crap - but i'm sooo looking forward to watching this! :(
On the bit about it not showing the zip extension, it could be that the following is set (this is for Windows XP):

Open up the folder where the file has been downloaded from, select 'Tools' from the menu at the top, click 'Folder Options', and then click on the 'View' tab.

Scroll down the checkboxes, and and uncheck (i.e. remove tick from by using a single click):

"Hide extensions for known file types"

and click 'OK'.

This should then display the file as 'Madchester1.avi.zip'. Then rename, and remove the '.zip' part.

Obviously, if the file size is only 80MB, then you need to download it again - you may need to delete the temporary file cache from within Internet Explorer (i.e. 'Tools/Internet Options/Delete Files' from within Internet Explorer).

Good luck - I'm just going to see Hooky, Mani, and Shaun Ryder down Turnmills tonight! :D

l8rs,

Nick ;)

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 06 May 2004 19:03

Nick - you are an absolute star! the file extension dooby worked, but I think my download was rodgered from the start, so I'm just gonna download dem bitchmuthas again! NICE!

Cheers again mate n have a guddun 2nite...