Prebuild...I've got it!

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Rich The Donkey Doctor

Prebuild...I've got it!

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor » 09 Sep 2004 18:30

Downloaded from soulseek...slap my wrists, but i'm gonna buy it as soon as it comes out. :P

On my first listen and it does exactly what it says on the tin! I almost think it rivals Newbuild for sheer out-there acid houseness and bleep. There's some stuff that obviously came from poor quality tape (Johnnycab) but this adds to the charm... another insight into the 808 sound and how it formed over the years. Wow...i'm on track 4 'Massagerama' and getting instant 303 acid gratification.......ACE! 'Automatic' is a Gerald track I recognise from Automannik...'Clonezone' is an earlier version of 'Narcossa'...'Cosacosa' seems to have elements of 'flow coma'...I love this record! Why cant 808 do some more stuff like this??? Only joking!

Needless to say I dont have to tell you lot to buy it...but I will anyway... You wont be dissapointed.

Over and out... :D

markus

Post by markus » 09 Sep 2004 19:33

Nice one Rich. On the net already? Bloody heck! I suppose you realise 'Massagerama' was previously released as 12".

An important note to all readers about downloading stuff from the net:

I trust all you 'real' fans will purchase it on CD and/or vinyl when it comes out. I can't stress enough how important this is if you ever want to see QuadraState issued on CD. Rephlex are certainly intersted in doing so, but it depends entirely on the sales of the NewOrder808Acid House mixes & Prebuild. If they don't sell, well...
Another interesting fact: The Rephlex pressings of Newbuild are now out-of-print. They are anticipating extra interest due to the release of Prebuild and so are trying to press up an extra 1'000 copies or so. Blessings by Graham & Gerald have been given, pending Martin. If you for some strange reason haven't got Newbuild yet, consider doing it soon.

In the words of rephlex.com:

Support the entertainment you love by purchasing a new, original edition.

PeteZarustica

plus...

Post by PeteZarustica » 09 Sep 2004 19:50

Quadrastate on CD has been my personal dream since I've heard about PreBuild, more than a year ago.

If there's anyone here able to promote SoHot/PreBuild in ANY way please do so - atempting to tell people the name of the records you're playing, where you can find it etc. As I'm DJing I try to play it at least once a night and people are asking me what are those versions and I gladly say 808 State's out in a few weeks. If you're on Radio you can help even more.

Mark

Post by Mark » 09 Sep 2004 20:07

I agree, I admit to downloading stuff quite regularly, but I almost always buy the original upon release. Lets get that elusive Quadrastate CD released by buying the New Order remixes and Prebuild. Also, I suppose that Quadrastate isn't long enough for a full release album, so perhaps we might see some bonus added material and we don't wanna jeopardise that now do we!!!!

SteveC

Post by SteveC » 09 Sep 2004 20:28

Ive just done my bit for charity by preordering the New Order 12".

As for Quadra, Im sure it will be released eventually, what with the interest in the two build albums.

My guess is that it will be in the same original format like Newbuild, but why not incorporate a bonus CD, Quadrastate 2 with some updated versions of the tracks, or even unreleased tracks from the same era or Prebuild vault, bottom shelf on the left.

PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica » 09 Sep 2004 21:29

It would also be nice to have a CD compilation with the independent singles and other tracks like Insane Lover | Freak | Flutronic | Mondonet | Invader | Let Yourself Go | Mondays | Minton and the Extended Pleasures of Dance EP :)

David

Post by David » 09 Sep 2004 22:29

All will be included in 808:88:08 in 2008- the box set :wink:

PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica » 09 Sep 2004 22:31

Ive just done my bit for charity by preordering the New Order 12".
I think they're doing charity to us by releasing these versions.

solarex

Post by solarex » 10 Sep 2004 07:28

I would like to add that no re-issue matters at all if it isn't remastered for pure, powerful and rich sound. Otherwise you might as well make you own CD transfer of the vinyl.

I actual have a Quadrastate copy that looks brand new, and I have only played it once myself. When I made the tape transfer back in those days.

PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica » 10 Sep 2004 13:57

Remastering is essencial, especially if you can do it with the original tapes, cleaning channel by channel. But if Rephlex did with PreBuild what they did to NewBuild I can smile, 'cos that was a nice re-master.

markus

Post by markus » 27 Sep 2004 21:53