why another best of????????????????????

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Postby PeteZarustica » 05 Sep 2005 11:08

Good to know that people still care.

Allow me to add a few points.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for ALWAYS making us think RUN2 is gonna be re-released.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for releasing NewOrder compilations every 2 years. And the main problem is us, NO fans, because we are such suckers to buy every single thing they push us through the throat. At this point I'm ordering a Numark TTX because the bastards are releasing THREE 7'' only singles, and I want them in a decent digital quality.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for making us believe that someday they will give us the pleasure of having Ode to Joy and Vicious Circle on CD, not to mention Blue Monday 7'' or Perfect Pit.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for remixing every NewOrder classic every 18 months - and there's gonna be BLT 2006, believe you me.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for lying all the time about losing tapes or masters since 11 minute elegia was once lost and them somebody found it.. bullsh*t, NewOrder was always a chicken layering golden eggs all over and since day 1 they knew the importance of keeping the masters and sh*t.

F*ck Warner or London or whatever for releasing some mixes on mp3 only. YOU ARE KILLING MUSIC THIS WAY - let the old skool guys have their physical discs.

I'm really pissed about it as you may have noticed, and I'm sorry.

all the best to all of you,
Pete
PeteZarustica

Postby PeteZarustica » 05 Sep 2005 11:15

By the way, the Prodigy 'Best of' was released in 1992, and it's called 'Experience' :)
PeteZarustica

Postby Mark » 05 Sep 2005 20:31

So you don't like Warner or London then Pete?

I gotta say both Music for the Jilted and Fat Of The Land are better than experience (although it is still a fab album)
Mark

Postby PeteZarustica » 05 Sep 2005 21:20

I think whatever label that is managing the band is doing it wrong and hitting my nerves :)

---------------------
Welll Music is Good, Fat of the Land I don't care. But Experience is still the one I hear to. :D

all the best
Pete
PeteZarustica

Postby nickking » 06 Sep 2005 11:57

Well, at least they're attempting to release a compilation with different edits/mixes on it, rather than a rehash of all the 12" mixes released beforehand... Whether or not the promised edits/mixes make it to the 'Singles' collection is another matter entirely! :-?

As for those other tracks you mention, Pete, it isn't that unlikely that all the albums will be remastered with a bonus disc featuring rare/unreleased tracks! :wink: After all, London/Warners would be foolish not to undertake this task at some point in the future... 8)
nickking

Re: why another best of????????????????????

Postby De Lillie » 08 Oct 2005 07:18

PeteZarustica wrote:Why does NewOrder keep releasing best-ofs every now and then?
Really, who needs another compilation after international, best of, rest of, substance and the retro fiasco? what do you all think about it?

all the best
Pete

Hi Pete.
I guess there are still people out there who need "Blue Monday", "Confusion" and "1963". I don't get the fascination with New Order 7" edits though. I thought we all wanted the Original Factory 12" versions? "Substance" is really classy, so I guess we need a "Substance2". Hows about including the 808 and Doc Fritz exclusive mixes? :P Most SA fans only know that "Blade Track" though. Heatseeker did a brillant version called "Xplicit" which still does the club rounds nowadays.
De Lillie
De Lillie

Previous

Return to Music