Ultimate Manc Mashup

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Ultimate Manc Mashup

Postby De Lillie » 08 Oct 2005 08:03

Hi all DJs
Anybody interested in doing the ultimate Mash up of the Most Released Manc Tunes "Cubik/Blue Monday/Fools Gold". These songs are classics and have never really ever left radio, turtables or the charts. I'm sure Doc Fritz has something up his sleeve.
Cheers
De Lillie
De Lillie

Postby markus » 08 Oct 2005 10:54

As we've mentioned before, please less of Cubik & Pacific on the fan mixes side.
markus

Over exposed mixes

Postby De Lillie » 08 Oct 2005 17:44

markus wrote:As we've mentioned before, please less of Cubik & Pacific on the fan mixes side.

Markus I thought you'd get the joke :P . Just read the post again. It refers to the "Most Released Manc Tunes". I totally agree with you. Those tunes have been killed by overexposure. If all pans out, the sounds page may soon sport some chilled out, slowed down Afro House mixes of "Reaper Repo" and "Bombadin", courtesy of non other than SA's finest Roger Goode. I play a slowed down (33rpm from 45 rpm and then pitched up by 10%) version of "Reaper Repo" and it has the local crowds wild. Afro House is a really slow, ethnical tribal sound with lots of Brazilian elements. Try the trick I did, but use the 45 rpm 12" of "Bombadin". That's the type of music most South Africans dance to.
Cheers
De Lillie
De Lillie

Return to Music