Which 808 track should I remix?

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Which 808 track should I remix?

Postby 'Steve' » 05 May 2006 21:27

Thinking of doing a remix of an 808 State track, but dunno what. I did this version of Pacific and sent it in, but I dont know what happened to that-it was a bit crap anyway.

It sounds a bit pathetic, but I can only have a go at ones from 808:88:98, Ninety, Ex:El, The North At Its Heights (sound quality not that good-ripped off my vinyl copy), or the Mp3s on 808state.com (I don't have the other albums, I'm waiting for the re-releases so I don't double up)

I'm an 808 State newb-not that knowledgable about what people want me to have a go at. If Markus did get that version of Pacific (Pacific Steve) then any constructive criticism is appreciated.

I'm also working on Lift 808:06-doesn't sound encouraging I know, but as Graham said in an interview, the original one sounded like sixteen tracks nailed together, so I've cut it up a bit and tried to make it slightly more coherent (no offence to 808!!!)

hear my other stuff on www.freewebs.com/stopshoutingitsdoingmyheadin and go to track previews-tell me what you think.
'Steve'

Postby Rodders » 08 May 2006 10:21

you can always have a go at joyrider - the samples are available to download on the sounds page. i'm about half-way finished my mix, it's taking a lot longer than anticipated.

good luck with it!
Rodders

Postby 'Steve' » 08 May 2006 13:17

good idea-didn't think about that!

sent 'Lift '06' to the website-waiting for a response...
'Steve'

Postby 'Steve' » 10 May 2006 18:00

downloaded the don solaris samples and getting joyrider now-and noticed that there are more fan mixes of those tracks than anything else (obviously). Junglist Soljah, Don...and why don't 808 put some more on? we don't want a million crappy remixes of Pacific, but stuff like Cobra Bora, Rollerball and others would be good. It's only a matter of separating the tracks on the masters and converting them to Mp3 (I guess).

did Markus get the emails I sent (to 808@808state.com), or is he still moving apartment or something? I don't mind if he's got other stuff to do at the moment, just to see if he did get that email...
'Steve'

Postby markus » 10 May 2006 21:10

Sorry Steve for my late reply. Don't check the 808 mail accounts daily, but indeed I've received both your tracks. Indeed I don't have the time right now to upload your tracks, but feel free to upload your mixes to your own site and link from here. As long as you aren't making money with it :)
markus

Return to Music