tribal gathering warehouse party

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

tribal gathering warehouse party

Postby DaveLee » 01 Aug 2003 12:26

anyone going to this on 23rd aug in manchester? anyone know where the venue is gonna be? gotta be in the ancoats region near sankey's.
DaveLee

Postby Dr.Walsh » 04 Aug 2003 08:37

Yeah - I'll be going. I think they're giving out the venue a week before the party.

I think it is near Sankey's but if you're going I think you'll probably find it anyway! :)
Dr.Walsh

Postby nickking » 04 Aug 2003 16:42

I heard from someone over the weekend that it's apparently got something to do with the rebuilt Hacienda set made exclusively for '24 Hour Party People'. I always thought that it was reconstructed in a studio, so maybe they were talking crap?

Anyone else heard this?

l8rs,

Nick ;)
nickking

Postby Pete » 04 Aug 2003 17:50

i was gonna travel up, but decided not.

if 808 were there, i'd be there.

i'll wait for LFO to play LONDON
Pete

Postby Dr.Walsh » 21 Aug 2003 11:02

It IS going to be where they re-created The Hacienda for '24 Hour Party People'... :)

let's 'ave it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Dr.Walsh

Postby nickking » 22 Aug 2003 00:50

Expect to hear some familiar tunes from Gerald that night - shame he's only playing for half an hour! 8)

l8rs,

Nick ;)
nickking

Postby nickking » 24 Aug 2003 13:29

To all that went (when you've all recovered :D ), please post any reviews/opinions/etc - wish I could've made it... :(

l8rs,

Nick 8)
nickking

Postby Dr.Walsh » 06 Sep 2003 11:29

opinion: absolutely brilliant! :)

amazing location, amazing music, amazing art-work, top people! :)

as Tribal said in their literature this party was a blueprint for future festivities, not just a look at the past. :)

The music wasn't just acid house, it was all sorts from '83 - '03, house nation style. Acid house, house, progressive house, breaks, d n' b, hip hop and live acts all over three different sections of the huge warehouse. :)

The 808 vibe was represented by Geralds' (half-hour) set which was very spiritual - pure MDMA, including ambient versions of 'Pacific' and 'Voodoo Ray', and a funky version of 'Cubik' was played in the breakbeat section of the warehouse. :)

From where I'm sitting it's definitely put warehouse parties back on the map, and has got a new generation interested - they were mainly younger people there who won't have experienced the first wave of warehouse parties. Some of the old-schoolers I saw (and there weren't that many imo) and talked to said that it was an amazing event and that Tribal had done a brilliant job. :)

I was never quite sure who the surprise special guest was but I was fairly mashed! :)

Well done to Tribal - I feel they have definitely done what they set out to by setting a blueprint for future festivities to build on! Nice one bruvvas and sisters! :)
Dr.Walsh

Return to Music