LFO to play London?

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

LFO to play London?

Postby nickking » 26 Aug 2003 11:14

Well, according to http://www.burntblue.com/news/news.asp?News=4099, they are...:

"Fabric celebrate their fourth birthday in mid October. Friday October 17 will see Fabric Live host James Lavelle, Erol Alkan and Ali B, as well as a special, as yet unannounced guest. Blackmarket Records will also be in attendance, hosting Room Two, where Andy C and DJ Hype will conduct a special back-to-back set. The rest of the weekend will see the likes of Andrew Weatherall, Colin Dale, Richard Grey and Amalgamation Of Soundz, as well as a live set from veteran electronic act LFO. For up to the minute information on Fabric activities visit http://www.fabriclondon.com"

Nothing on Fabric's website yet...
nickking

LFO

Postby Soul Invention » 27 Aug 2003 16:07

Don't know if they're playing live but their new single (Freak) and album (Sheath) are both brilliant.

Sheath isn't out until September but you can buy a limited edition promo-only cassette of it from www.warprecords.com (or at least you could last week)!
Soul Invention

Postby nickking » 27 Aug 2003 19:48

They've sold out, but I managed to grab a copy anyway...

Question is: do you rip open the packaging to play the cassette, or leave the cassette in it's packaging and don't? :-?

The packaging, btw, is pretty much like you'd find in a D.I.Y. store (cassette in plastic 'pouch' attached to a cardboard sleeve, with a hole at the top so you could put it on a rack).

l8rs,

Nick ;)
nickking

LFO

Postby Soul Invention » 29 Aug 2003 10:54

Yeah I know! Here's what I did...

1. Gingerly opened the plastic bit from the front using a stanley knife.
2. Removed the tape and taped it onto a blank.
3. Put the original tape back in the pack and use a tiny bit of glue to stick it back together!

Sound!!!

The original now has pride of place next to my Newbuild and Quadrastate 12"s, my Pacific 909 12" and my clear vinyl Limited edition of 2000 copies LFO "What is House?" EP!

Wife thinks I'm a nutter, (actually she's probably right).

"My dad's always saying, 'whats all the fuss about? It's just a record'. But it's not, it's much more than that". Mark Bell, LFO.

Cheers! :-)
Soul Invention

Postby nickking » 05 Sep 2003 00:35

They're definitely playing live - confirmed from Burntblue - http://www.burntblue.com/news/news.asp?News=4130:

fabric – Saturday October 18

ROOM 1
Craig Richards, Terry Francis, Blackstrobe (Dex 'n' FX), Ricardo Villalobos, Maurice Fulton, MU Live (Output)

ROOM 2
LFO Live, Andrew Weatherall, Colin Dale, Richard Grey

ROOM 3
Amalgamation Of Soundz

10pm - 10am.
£15/£12 NUS

Cheers for the info on the tape - think I'll be doing that at the weekend!

l8rs,

Nick :P
nickking

Return to Music