any Saint Etienne news?

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

any Saint Etienne news?

Postby PatFromCanada » 19 Apr 2004 22:10

Hey...

Anybody know if there is anything at all going on with Saint Etienne lately? I saw them on tour for the Finisterre album and now I don't hear anything about them AT ALL. :-?

Even their website "saint etienne heaven" has been under construction for almost a whole year now!! It's crumbs I tell ya! :x

I know their film has been on a film festival tour but even that's been low key. They deserve better than that! They are tops!

Pat
PatFromCanada

Postby markus » 19 Apr 2004 23:02

Hi Pat, Presumably you know about http://www.saintetienne.com ? Not much news there either unfortunately.
Sorry, haven't answered your mail yet...
markus

Postby PatFromCanada » 20 Apr 2004 15:16

Hey Markus,

Thanks for the link. I do know of that site and there is indeed not much news there either. I'm not sure how many 808ers are fans of the Saints but I'm suprised they are so low key. I think they are one of the most brilliant sounding groups to come out of the 90s.

I'll just have to be patient and hope to god that they didn't throw the towel in. Then again, I was lucky enough to catch them in Toronto twice over the last few years.

Thanks again Markus!

Pat.
PatFromCanada

Postby nickking » 20 Apr 2004 23:42

Well, on Thursday, they're screening a film called "Hymns To London" at The Barbican in London - more info here - http://www.barbican.org.uk/onlyconnect/ - they'll also be DJ'ing after the event.

Also, they remixed a track for the (repeatedly!) delayed "Dr Who Remixed" album as well...

l8rs,

Nick ;)
nickking

Return to Music