Orbital - new album BLUE

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

PeteB

Orbital - new album BLUE

Post by PeteB »

just heard the New Album from Orbital, a couple of tracks sound cool, but disappointed with the track no. 2 ACID PANTS, (its a great kicking acid style track, but ruined by a repeated vocal sample - even worse than boogieman).

i'll check the rest out and give a better review

its also Orbital's last album, not sure of release date (i'm sure agent Nick will know)!
nickking

Post by nickking »

June 21st! :P

Give it some more listens, and Acid Pants is a great track... My favourtie on the album? "You Lot".

Anyway, looking forward to see them live at Brixton later on this month, and also at Glastonbury - should be fun! :D

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

IMO a good album to end on - nothing like 'the altogether' - although i do tend to skip about half the tracks! i agree nick, 'you lot' is my fave too, along with 'transient'.

nick, are you going on the thursday or friday? anyone else going? im there on the friday. im already welling up at the thought of hearing them live for the last time :(
big raff

Post by big raff »

downloaded 4 songs from this album. namely - transient / pants / acid pants / you lot.
i have to be honest and say that i don't listen to orbital anymore, not since that snivilization album. (which was tripe).
all of these tracks are very poor indeed. 'you lot' has the sound of orbital trying very hard to make it sound 'smart'. it's listenable, but thats about it.
'acid pants' is utter drivel. they have tb303's and tr808's ; so why didn't they pull their heads out of their arses and do something interesting in an acid vein like the title suggests?
orbital, knowing the talent which rumbles underneath all the namby pamby releases of the past 4/5 years, really are a ginormous let down - especially going out with such a whimpering album.
who knows? maybe the hartnoll brothers will produce solo work that will destroy even the most hardcore of east european clubs! (here's hoping!)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Rodders wrote:IMO a good album to end on - nothing like 'the altogether' - although i do tend to skip about half the tracks! i agree nick, 'you lot' is my fave too, along with 'transient'.

nick, are you going on the thursday or friday? anyone else going? im there on the friday. im already welling up at the thought of hearing them live for the last time :(
Yup, will definitely be there Friday, might well be there on the Thursday (now I've just found out who the support act is - hint, they're signed to Warp and used to be in a band named after a coloured canine! :P ), as well as Glastonbury! 8)

Should be good! :P

l8rs,

Nick ;)
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

ha i wonder who you could mean? :) im just stoked that the plumps are supporting on the friday
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just had my first full listen, not bad, but definately not their best work. One perfect sunrise is my fave track, and you lot is a grower.

I think its harsh to call it rubbish, not my fave Orbital album, but a good listen.
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Only got mine yesterday, after endless listens it is a grower, not as long as the other albums and no epic out there somewhere tracks but still a very listenable album from start to finish.

My faves are Easy Serv and Transient.

Acid Pants is great and has elements of tracks which can be mixed in for any DJ set, notably Born Slippy and One in Ten.
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Mark, definately agree with you mate - 'One Perfect Sunrise' is an AMAZING track... what a final track!!!!!!

Would like to think the Hartnoll brothers are going to pursue solo projects in the near future...