BBC Live In Concert

Discuss the 808 State DJs & 808 State Radio shows.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

BBC Live In Concert

Postby De Lillie » 27 Sep 2005 08:58

Hi All

Has anybody out there heard of a Live In Concert BBC two part special hosted by either Goodier or Skinner? The tracks were all circa the Gorgeous period and the tracks "One In Ten" and "La Luz" were definitely played. I've been looking since 1996, but nobody has ever heard of it at all. The SABC sent the show back to the BBC, who do not know what I am talking about.

Any help would be useful

Cheers

De Lillie (a/k/a Lionel D)
De Lillie

Postby nickking » 28 Sep 2005 14:47

Is that the Town & Country Club gig, or something else?
nickking

BBC Live In Concert

Postby De Lillie » 29 Sep 2005 07:40

Hi

I honestly have no idea. The SABC hosted a whole series of concerts by New Order, Meatloaf, Ultravox, 808State et al. Each concert concentrated on one specific album as I have seen official BBC CD releases of all of these bar 808 State.

A local DJ, Barney Saaiman (Simon) did local voice overs for 5 FM. I have long lost the tape. The only things I remembered were in my original posting. FTR I have a Smiths Live At The BBC Transcription disc of their concert which I bought from the SABC. So it would be safe to assume Transcription Discs for the 808 State Concert exist.

Sorry that I have no other info. Surely someone else must have heard the concert.

Cheers

De Lillie (a/k/a Lionel D)
De Lillie

Postby graham » 03 Oct 2005 09:52

yes this would be the town and country club gig, with guests Ian McC ,Robert Owens and Caroline Seamen,also Racheal Mc Farlane and Barrington Stuart...
Think I have a Dat of it , Id have to have a root about .. remember going to the bbc to mix it
The BBC did offer to put it out, but I think we dithered and lost the moment.
ill get back to you on this
graham

Postby Mark » 03 Oct 2005 22:29

I've got a CD of the Town & Country gig and although its based on the Gorgeous album it does feature Pacific, Cubik and In Yer Face too. Not sure if its what you're looking for.
Mark

Postby markus » 04 Oct 2005 10:23

I shall upload that T&C gig. 808 have given us more serverspace :)
markus

BBC Live In Concert

Postby De Lillie » 04 Oct 2005 12:08

Wow

Thanks all, Mark, Markus, Graham. I have been searching for information for years now. I do believe the BBC should have a transcription disc / cd / dat of the show though.

When do we get to see it on the site and will there be a tracklisting too? I'd also like to know about the CD.

Thanks again

De Lillie
De Lillie

Postby 808state's Tartan Army » 04 Oct 2005 15:39

Tracklisting is as follows:

LA LUZ
PLAN 9
ONE IN TEN
EUROPA (With Caroline seaman)
LEMON
PACIFIC
CONTRIQUE
10X10 (With Rachael McFarlane & Barrington Stuart)
GIMME SHELTER (With Robert Owens)
CUBIK
MOSES (With Ian McCulloch)
IN YER FACE
808state's Tartan Army

Re: BBC Live In Concert

Postby markus » 04 Oct 2005 21:44

De Lillie wrote:Wow
When do we get to see it on the site and will there be a tracklisting too? I'd also like to know about the CD.
Thanks again
De Lillie
Considering you've waited for 10 years, I'm sure you can bare with me for a few weeks? :)
markus

Gorgeous Live

Postby De Lillie » 07 Oct 2005 10:11

Wow again

Yeah. I can even wait for another 10 years! Am I the only enthusiastic one? This discovery means that "Gorgeous" is in a league of it's own. It is the ONLY electronic album available in edited (Gorgeous Samples), original (UK pressings), resequenced (US pressings), expanded (Gorgeous/Disco Disc), remixed (Forecast) and live (BBC live in concert)versions. H*ll all we need is the DVD version :P

Not even "Oxygene" has appeared in so many variations! And If you select the best mixes and best b-sides you can end up with the Best Ever 808 State Album In The World Ever! (Volume 8 of course)

Thanks again all.

De Lillie
De Lillie

Postby nickking » 07 Oct 2005 13:09

I've already got a copy of the Town & Country Club gig - not an official BBC Transcript Copy, of course (if one actually does exist?) - but a CDR that I purchased off somebody many moons ago - very good gig - wished that I'd managed to get to it at the time.... :x
nickking

Postby SteveC » 07 Oct 2005 13:13

Just goes to prove how uneventful the original album was when it required so many mixes and versions to make it credible.
SteveC

BBC Live In Concert

Postby De Lillie » 07 Oct 2005 13:36

SteveC wrote:Just goes to prove how uneventful the original album was when it required so many mixes and versions to make it credible.

:( Aw c'mon. Nobody woud call JMJ's "Oxygene" or Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" uneventful. My opinion is, if something flops, remix the h*ll out of it 'til it charts. Anybody heard of Wildchild's "Masters of the dark black pt1"? A minor hit but eventually top 5 as a Fatboy Slim retitled remix "Renegade Master 98".
Sure I didn't like 10x10 but La Luz kicks *ss

De Lillie
De Lillie

BBC Live In Concert Transcription Discs

Postby De Lillie » 08 Oct 2005 08:10

Hi all

Have any of you ever seen a BBC Live In Concert Transcription CD? I've only ever seen a vinyl edition. It comes in a die cut sleeve with a type written cue sheet. I own a Smiths live disc and I have seen official BBC / Windsong(?) pressings of the New Order concert, but never a Transcription Services CD. Do these exist?

Thanks
De Lillie
De Lillie

Return to 808 State DJs & Radio Shows