I found a cheap studio monitor solution for a small room.
Alesis Elevate 3's = on sale at Guitar Center US for $50/ 32 pounds
Logitech z506 sub bass computer speaker on sale at Best Buy = $70/ 45 pounds
I used to have Yamaha HS-50s and Alesis Monitor Ones. How does the Alesis Elevate 3s measure up to the standard studio monitors?
- It doesn't sound that bad once you hook up a small sub speaker. The small Elevate 3s lack bass and are kind of mid rangy with treble.
- your less apt to get complaints by fellow tenants if you rent a cheap room. Normal monitors seemed to be too loud for a small room. I only have them set at low to mid volume and can hear the bass parts thanks to the sub.
- They are small powered monitors and not USB. All you need is a 1/8 to stereo RCA. Use the headphone out of your laptop.
- Great for watching movies on your laptop and working on tracks using music software.
- It is a cheaper sound and cheesy set up compared to the more expensive monitors.
Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.
1 post • Page 1 of 1