War

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

JD

Post by JD »

What is it good for?
JD

Post by JD »

Absolutely nothing.
JD

Post by JD »

Say it again.
JD

Post by JD »

But F * * * emoticons.
JD

Post by JD »

Over and out.
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

Dr. Walsh,

I honestly don't take it personally. I have admitted that the US has made mistakes and will make more mistakes... we are flawed just like every other country.

So I am puzzled with your fascination on America? You say we are the biggest threats to world peace? Hardly... you say we are trying to dominate the world? WTF?? You got the US govt alllll wrong!

Let's assume we are the biggest threats to world peace. We do have A LOT of weapons and I would hate to see what could happen if we were hell bent on dominating the world (as you say dominate so puzzling I am amazed you say this). What is another country going to do to stop us?

All you have is theories on how the world should be. I read the both of you pointing out flaws with America. It is soooo easy to point out flaws with other countries. The hard part is the solution. What is your solution??
David

Post by David »

My solution for the US ?

Copy Canada,Switzerland,Holland etc in their foreign policies.
Keeping their noses more or less out of other people's business around the world.
Disban the CIA!!
The US should not feel obliged to overthrow dictators or solve other countires problems through military force.
If you throw a red rag in the faces of enough evil bulls-some of it will come back to haunt you.
If the US practised peace and did not use force but diplomatic pressure-it would get support from most of the world.
The US should stop trying to control the world through either military force or through volatile globalisation of American companies (did you know Coca Cola is under litigation for shooting its workers allegedly in Columbia?).
Work with the EU-not against it.

Stop tyring to enforce Western lifestyles on Islamic countries.It will never work.
Cut off all Financial AID to Israel until it stops killing Palestinians and crushing their homes.
Stop supporting evil regimes such as Pakistan,Saudi Arabia (the home of terrorists) and Egypt.
Stop American firms from relocation overseas through taxes and encourage them to create jobs in cities like Buffalo,Cleveland and Detroit (I know where it is!!).

Stop supporting sweatshops in China etc and focus more on the domestic market.
Improve spending in Public services and in transport so the unemployed African-American in the city can get to work in the office parks located in the white,leafy suburbs.
Redistribute the wealth more evenly,increase the minimum wage.
Ban guns-"if ye gonna give a man a gun,then the man's gonna kill"(25 of May)

So yeah focus more on the home front.And stop thinking you (The Govt) control the world.

I'm from Ireland and yes I can give you an evil list of Ireland too.
I marched successfully against the IRA-I don't drink alcohol.
America kills its young through War and Military recruitment-Ireland kills its own through drink and drink commercials.
Irish people are more interested in David Beckham and cell phones than they are in the Iraq war.
The Irish Government supported the Iraq war by allowing US war planes to refuel at Shannon.US comapnies in Ireland employ 100,000 Irish so Ireland was afraid to speak out.

Also being Irish-I know what an illegal occupation is all about.
The US kids in Iraq will become the victims of ambushes and hostility,death and terror until they leave.No one wins.
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Hi David,

Those are good suggestions. The world shall definitely be a much safer place if when the USA government impliments these policies.

I heard a funny story from Shannon Airport - a group called The Catholics For Peace managed to jump the fence and hit a load of USA planes in a hangar with hammers!

Apparently the military considered this too much of a risk to station planes there and withdrew!!! They may still refuel there but I don't think they station them there anymore - too many mad Irishmen around!!!

This was as amusing a story as the fact that there were tanks and jeeps out in Iraq with 'No War' emblazoned over them as a girl on the South Coast managed to break into a military base and spray 'No War' over a load of tanks and jeeps that were on order to go out to the Gulf the following day!

I think that pretty much sums up the first half of the time period known as 2003.

Peace to one and all :)

'Dr.' Walsh :)
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

David,

You have some good ideas. All of them are not well thought out though.
For example increasing minimum wage creates unemployment. Owning a gun is a constitutional right here in the US. I dare you to try to implement any one of your ideas. There are repercussions.

Do you think the world is this simple? Do this and do that and pretty soon it will be utopia?

I sense a MAJOR hostility towards the US government from your writings. You feel there is some conspiracy from the US and they are coming to get you? The ultimate boogey man. You are dissatisfied with something in life and want to put all of the blame on American companies and US Govt policies (it's a question)? The US and their policies somehow are the reason for everything that is wrong in the world? That is naive. Take some of your own advice and look more towards your home country. Or better yet take a look inside of yourself. Happiness is within. Or you could always become a US citizen and try to implement some of these policies (I don't think your career would be very long but you might feel better and less cheated). It's just not as easy as you make it sound to be.

Time for me to play the peace card... peace brother. We are your friends. We are not out to Americanize the world. There is NO CONSPIRACY!! We are not out to change your religion. d0od you need love. Love to your American friends. You're in our country we loooove you. We're not imperialists. We accept people of all colors, races, religions. We are a country of liberty and freedom and most importantly human rights. We oppose those that try to infringe on those rights.

The US govt is not responsible for all of the ills the world faces. You sound like a victim. The US does this and the US does that, the US shouldn't do this and the US should do that. Words words words... a solution to the world's problems consists of much more than just words and ideas. You are the key to your solution.

The only way to get rid of man's ills is to get rid of man.
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

BTW I formally copywrite that quote above... see the American capitalist at work!! Don't go putting it on your cars without my permission or without giving me my 10 bux!!

But you know there is so much bad crap that occurs in the world. But there is so much good crap too. You just can't control some things. Now that is poetry!! :P (but you may put this last paragraph on your cars for free.)
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Supraset,

You seriously have to have a look at current USA foreign (and domestic) policy. I know how bad British foreign policy is and can be, maybe you should do a little reading up aswell!

And once again we are not blaming the USA for everything wrong in the world, and once again by USA we're meaning the government.

But we are not making it up that the world considers the USA to be the biggest threat to world peace. There have been countless polls about it. Even a CNN poll in Jan 75% considered USA the biggest threat to world peace. You should be bothered that your government is putting you in this position.

But yes you are right, spot on, in fact about the individual aswell as the collective being the key - that peace comes through inner peace.

'Be the change you want to see in the world' as a philosopher once said.

Also, your last sentance is outrageous! You don't appear to have much faith in the human race with a statement like that! The solution is not to get rid of man - we are here for a reason ('for everything a reason' as one Manc once said) and are here for a reason as much as any other creature.

Positives create positive reactions all over the world :)

Peace, butterflies and positive vibes :)

Spread love all over the world :)

'Dr.' Walsh :)
David

Post by David »

Yes I don't like the US Government in its policies and I feel American people will feel the brunt of this for years to come..

My life is perfectly happy-5 months happily married to a w onderful American,new job on Monday:P.

I am part of the Irish anti war organisation and I have taken part in many protests in NY state.
Politics or more activism is something I am continuing to enter .

I can also recommend anything by Ramsey Clark-the former US attorney hoping to impeach President Bush and anything by Dennis Halliday.
Numerous websites too from irishantiwar.org to fromthewilderness.com to iacenter.org.
Last edited by David on 01 Jul 2003 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
David

Post by David »

I enclose an interview with Ramsey Clark from
the sunmagazine.org

http://www.thesunmagazine.org/bully.html
Last edited by David on 01 Jul 2003 13:50, edited 1 time in total.
Ancodia

Article

Post by Ancodia »

David,
Could you not have just posted a link to the article, I was beginning to think this Topic was getting a bit long winded. Its huge now.

It IS an important subject, and of course there is no intention of locking the topic. I wouldn't even like to think of the comments in response, especially after all that the Trekkie business following Coloursfest!

John
Last edited by Ancodia on 28 Jun 2003 19:03, edited 1 time in total.
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

David,

Congratulations on getting married and finding a new job!!! I am also happy to see that America has played a role in your happiness(yeah us)!! Maybe you might find it possible to somehow indirectly link part of the US govt to some of that happiness? It's not an easy job to run a country.

As for the article above I can see why you have such a strong distaste for the US govt. Don't believe everything you read... get your information from many diffferent sources and check all of those allusions.

Keep searching for those connections my friend... the truth is sometimes hard to find. Don't be so impressionable by what you read.