US threaten France

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

US threaten France

Postby David » 23 Apr 2003 21:57

over their stance on the Iraq war.

So much for Democracy eh ?

Someone better impeach this Bush regime before it gets out of hand.

It is like Germany in the 1930s over here.
David

Postby 808state's Tartan Army » 24 Apr 2003 19:16

Quite right too, the spineless fools. Chirac is as bad as De Gaulle. One told us to f*** off when we wanted to join the Common Market, despite saving is ass in WW2. The other does is best to cripple our economy by ILLEGALLY banning British beef to cover up the fact that French beef is more likely to contain BSE than British beef. A move which hit Scotland hard despite Scotch beef being well renowned for its quality and also the fact that NOT ONE SINGLE CASE of BSE was found in Scottish cattle. :x
f*** the Auld Alliance!
I agree with you though, David. Bush is going too far.
808state's Tartan Army

Postby David » 25 Apr 2003 20:30

erm....the lads who do the French 808 site are cool though!(especially cos of the pics available) :D
David

Leave france alone you fool!

Postby Franco » 26 Apr 2003 15:33

:x

What is it wrong with the French? Because they have the guts to stand up to Bush and his war-loving friends? Because they are good at football and your country is not? Because the french government has given its people a good standard of living and they have the eiffel, the sacre couer and the arc d'triomphe and your government has given you poverty and a ridiculous "de-evolution" with a stupid parlament which does not really govern anything and does what tony blair says they have do for england?

be sensible. france has only stood up for what it and its people believe in. bush is a lunatic, a man who thinks he is on a crusade and that no one else but the usa matters. blair followed him, forgetting about wishes of his peoples and following blindly for adoration in america. he will be next with a chat show on usa tv. our man berlusconi is the same (ac milan director!). people in palestine die every day and usa and blair ignore them. people, innocent people, have died in iraq. where are the chemical weapons? none!

franco.
Franco

The (British) Empire Strikes Back

Postby 808state's Tartan Army » 27 Apr 2003 20:14

Excuse me?
Poverty stricken? I don't think so somehow!
And who gives a toss about the Eiffel Tower or the Arc de'Triomphe? Does that make a country great? No it doesn't. Scotland's own natural beauty means we don't need token gestures made of steel and concrete to make us any better than anyone else. The quality of the national football team makes no difference either. You'll be comparing Tennent's Lager with Champagne next.
I don't disagree that Bush is a lunatic, I don't disagree that Blair is his puppet. It just strikes me as typical that the French use any opportunity possible to pick an arguement with, and stick two fingers up at Britain. War is horrible thing but Saddam's regime had to be ended. Innocent victims, i.e. civilian casualties are sad but unfortunately it happens and the number of civilians killed in this conflict is nothing compared to those killed by Saddam's regime such as the atrocities at Halabja and other towns which were wiped out by Saddam.

P.S. You are right about the parliament. £350 million wasted on something we don't even need as the current site is fine. The new building is £310 million over budget. That's right, it was only meant to cost £40 million! But when you spend £80,000 on a reception desk £250,000 on planning the opening party then the price goes up at our expense.

I'm off now to walk my Haggis. :wink:

Peace and love everyone. 8)
808state's Tartan Army

Return to Off Topic