BBC6 Music Mix - 26 JUN 2005

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Post by nickking »

smiley wrote:John - not yet, but make me an offer - as you never know when i might be now that i have a (7-month old) nipper...which also partly explains why i've been so quiet lately.

everyone else - do a google search for "Streambox VCR".

it's a great piece of software that lets you directly download .ra files from the bbc servers - i use it almost every day.

real.com actually had the software banned when it came out a few years ago, but you can still find it pretty easily.

failing that - i can always upload it somewhere if someone can give me a place to put it.

cheers,

---
Smiley
Surely, you've got to bring the wife and the little'un to Turin this weekend - 808 State AND New Order - you know you want to! :wink:

As for capturing Media files, I use this excellent piece of software - don't believe I bought it, but found a *ahem* crack somewhere on the internet! :D
smiley

Post by smiley »

marcus - i run the 3.1 beta version that comes as part of the StreamboxVcrSuite2 package - and then use the "turbo" version.

yep - you just need to paste the URL into it, and it should then just download the source file...

cheers,

---
Smiley
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

If no one else has recorded it Ive got it on MD from my parents satalite - at some point I could convert it to a good quality MP3. How good was the streamed version.

Taped it on the Sunday - was it any different on Friday in terms of advert breaks cutting into Pacific etc??

And as for that Ian Brown track I would agree it sounds very much like 808! Is it Markus?!
markus

Post by markus »

Badgerman if you succeeded with the digital recording and you can make a 128 kbps mp3 from it, that would be cool.
Furthermore, I don't think the rolf Harris mix was unreleased. I think it's the 808 12" Vocal mix. It could be very slightly different to the released mix, but just minimally.
smiley

Post by smiley »

markus - i already have a 128kbps mp3, but i haven't edited out the trailers / news yet...

...if i can upload it somewhere, let me know!

cheers,

---
Smiley
markus

Post by markus »

I'll send you a PM. :)
markus

Post by markus »

Excuse the delay, this 2005 radio show has now been uploaded (in 4 parts). Thanks Badgerman (I mended the New Order intro ;-) ) .

Tracklist. Changes denoted in bold :

Part 1:

New Order - Turn
Ian Brown - Kiss Ya Lips
Alex Gold - Back From A Break
Ladytron - Evil (Ewan Pearson remix)
Infusion - Girls Can Be Cruel
Rolf Harris vs 808 State - Sun Arise (808 12" Vocal mix?)
International Pony - Leaving Home

Part 2:

The Geek - Vezin' (???)
Spork - Freek Like Me
Trainer Trash - Kill That Noise
Paul Jackson - The Push
808 State - Let Yourself Go
New Order - Confusion
808 State - Pacific State (Live from Belfast)

Part 3:

Koma And Bones - Morpheus
Mousse T. - Fire
The Beginerz - History
JDS - Punk Or Funk
Infusion - Better World
Silencer - Rollin' n Controllin'
Quiet Killaz - Warning
Dave Gahan - Dirty Sticky Floor

Part 4:

UNKLE - In A State
Benaco - Premium Rock