Matt Darey = spammer

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

Just one mail more of Twat Darey is one too much!!
mailto:dareyproducts-request@mylist.net?subject=unsubscribe
But be careful, you'll have to unsubscribe with the address he is using. If you try unsubscribing from another address, chances are he'll add you to his mailinglist with that address too.

Spam is a growing problem, around 90 % of all e-mail these days is spam. Best is to use common sense, don't trust any mail you have not asked for of which you don't know the sender.
Header files are always forged in 99 percent of all cases, e.g. the from and to fields are not the real addresses.
Every decent ISP these days will have spam protection, but you'll have to enable it first. This usually is done via a webform. Of course then you need to check your spambox every now and then, because legitimate mail (ham) may have been identified as spam by mistake.
Just search on the web for info. Anti-spam for BT customers:
http://www.webuser.co.uk/news/news.php?id=48087
Ian C

Post by Ian C »

Thanks Markus,

I've got my SpamGuard plus on.
markus

Post by markus »

Still more complaints coming in from various readers about the Darey spam.
He has cleverly configured his mylist page to only allow subscribing, not unsubscribing: http://mylist.net/listinfo/dareyproducts

Darey's spam mails claim you can unsubscribe like this:

To Unsubscribe, send an email with the word Unsubscribe in the subject field to: dareyproducts-leave@mylist.net

If you are not removed from his tripe with the above, I suggest getting in touch with sitelist@mylist.net or dareyproducts-owner@mylist.net and if no joy try support@esosoft.com.
nickking

Post by nickking »

I wonder if you can change the HTML code, load it into FrontPage/Dreamweaver, and run a localised copy of that page, but substituting 'subscribe' with 'unsubscribe'? 8)

i.e. <INPUT type="Submit" name="email-button" value="Subscribe">

to <INPUT type="Submit" name="email-button" value="Unsubscribe">

and running that version locally?! :)
DaveLee

Post by DaveLee »

That said, I read something about Robbie Williams being an 808 fan the other day...or did I dream it??.....RUDEBOX!

{Some parts of message deleted - oops, sorry - Nick :( }
markus

Post by markus »

Despite his numerous spammailings, he hasn't made the top 50 in the DJ mag top 100 DJs. He did climb 40 places though.
nickking

Post by nickking »

DaveLee wrote:That said, I read something about Robbie Williams being an 808 fan the other day...or did I dream it??.....RUDEBOX!
This is what I meant to do, but somehow edited the original message instead - sorry DaveLee... :( :(

Anyway, yes, quite a few members of Take That are 808-fans - check out the recent Massey remix of Robbie's "Radio" single - actually not that bad at all! 8)
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

I made a filter in my gmail account to bounce every email from him :)

It worked!
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

PeteZarustica wrote:I made a filter in my gmail account to bounce every email from him :)

It worked!
Ha ha! Nice one Pete. :D
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Just noticed this myself, got one yesterday, still I get 200+ spam mails every day so one more isn't going to make much difference, it goes straight in my junk mail anyway.
Chris the Boy

Post by Chris the Boy »

Yep, I've had many a pointless mail from Darey over the last two years. Not sure how he got my address; fortunately it's one I barely use now.

It wouldn't be so bad if I actually liked his music. Still, he can't be doing that much of it if he has time to sit around sending this crap all day.
markus

Post by markus »

"Thanks" to Mr Darey, I'm also on a Sola Records mailinglist... NO THANKS!!!
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

markus wrote:"Thanks" to Mr Darey, I'm also on a Sola Records mailinglist... NO THANKS!!!
I'm so glad I use a different e-mail address these days. :D