Upcoming Factory / Madchester Benelux events

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Upcoming Factory / Madchester Benelux events

Post by markus »

Friday 30 June Madchester 24hrs ppl / Hacienda night

Sunday 2 July A Certain Ratio in Paradiso

Wednesday 12 July Happy Mondays in Melkweg

Get in touch through PM if anyone else of the Dutch posse is going to any of these events.
Last edited by markus on 12 Sep 2007 11:12, edited 1 time in total.
markus

Post by markus »

The Madchester filmnight was a bit of a low-key event, about 10 punters in the cinema. The flyer was a lot more professional than the so-called Hacienda do afterwards. Still, good seeing the film on the big screen again. And I did get to meet a bunch of really nice New Order / Manchester-music fans (thanks to my 808 t-shirt). :)
Eddie

Kriterion

Post by Eddie »

Markus,
I hope ACR was a bit more of a 'high-key' event?!
I enjoyed Kriterion anyway, doesn't happen that much that you actually meet someone who also attended cities-in-the-park.
markus

Re: Kriterion

Post by markus »

Eddie wrote:Markus,
I hope ACR was a bit more of a 'high-key' event?!
I enjoyed Kriterion anyway, doesn't happen that much that you actually meet someone who also attended cities-in-the-park.
Hi Eddie, yes, well only about 100 people attended, at the most. Sunday night 01:15 start of a gig probably didn't appeal to too many people...
However I was really glad I went, they played for an hour and pretty similar to Paris I guess. It was held in the small room of the Paradiso, so that gave it an intimate feeling which was really nice.
Yes, cool to meet someone who attended Cities. By the way, 15 years on, and there are still t-shirts of that gig!
markus

Post by markus »

The Happy Mondays were on good form last night! Shaun looked a lot fitter (if that's possible) than when I saw him a year ago in Turin. Bez bouncing around and playing with the crowd who probably consisted of a large number of Mancs. No Rowetta, but another black singer who did the job well.
If you're interested, for a limited time, I've uploaded all the pictures and films I took here. Also check out the supporting act, ZZZ, the drummer used to be a colleague of mine :) They are becoming huge - recently opening for Fatboy Slim, Depeche Mode and touring Japan.
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Last time when I saw Bez on the stage he was 'singing' along with New Order, bad attempt. But it was New Year (Ally Pally) so.......
Would have been nice to see the Hap's again, but couldn't get 1 day off !
markus

Post by markus »

Looking forward to this:

(from http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/ )

A Factory Night (once again)

Details are emerging of a special mini-tour by Section 25, Crispy Ambulance, Kevin Hewick and other ex-Factory artists.

The tour will go under the banner of 'A Factory Night (once again)' and will take place in selected continental European cities in December 2007.

Schedule

venue tbc, Cologne, Germany - Friday 14 December
Plan K, Brussels, Belgium, - Saturday 15 December
Melkweg, Amsterdam, The Netherlands - Sunday 16 December

What's happening

Live: Section 25, The Names, Crispy Ambulance, Kevin Hewick (final line-up to be confirmed)
DJ sets: Martin Moscrop + local DJ's
Exhibitions: Philippe Carly (www.newwavephotos.com), Katja Ruge (www.myspace.com/fotoreportage23)
markus

Post by markus »

Oh dear, according to the Melkweg site, the Amsterdam gig has been cancelled. Anyone know why?
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

[quote="markus"]Oh dear, according to the Melkweg site, the Amsterdam gig has been cancelled. Anyone know why?[/quote]

Markus, I have no idea. Have to get a refund again then, this is getting a habbit (which I don't like, see www.myspace.com/edmcpike). I hope they come up with a new date.
markus

Post by markus »

In the meantime I've found out that there is still hope for a Dutch date. However the Brussels gig is the main one and it remains confirmed. See http://www.cerysmaticfactory.info/forum ... hread=9050
Eddie

Post by Eddie »

Thanx for this update, maybe I should go to Brussels then. @ december 15 it will be 22 years ago since I first saw New Order........
Pob

Post by Pob »

Shame it got cancelled. Could have been a fitting tribute to Tony Wilson.
markus

Post by markus »

Pob wrote:Shame it got cancelled. Could have been a fitting tribute to Tony Wilson.
Well the Brussels one is
nickking

Post by nickking »

Off to the Brussels one - it's going to be a busy (long) weekend:

Thursday - Chemical Brothers, Brixton Academy
Friday - Re-Order (New Order Tribute band), London
Saturday - Factory night, Brussels
Sunday - Travel home and fall asleep! :P
markus

Post by markus »

Peter Hook has been added :-)