Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

The Wang site has been updated with this (make sure your speakers are on) :

Saturday 6th October 2007
WANG presents
REVIVAL Part II
Seminal Manchester acid house legends Gerald Simpson and Graham Massey perform LIVE together for the first time since 1989. Utilising only the original analogue hardware machines, Graham and Gerald will be performing a 'back in the day' ultra rare live acid set under the name of "REBUILD" - A Guy Called Gerald and Graham Massey (808 State).
This is a unique chance to see two of the founding fathers of the UK dance scene back together, playing live for the first time in nearly 20 years.

As if this wasn't enough for one night, we are also playing host to one of the biggest dance acts of this year, Simian Mobile Disco.
Just when you thought a line up couldn't get any bigger we also have Andrew Weatherall, finally popping his wang cherry!
Topping all this off is Uncle Buck a double act who were spotted at their club night by Zane Lowe who asked them to support him on tour.

More guests to be announced.....

REVIVAL Part II!!
Old Fashioned - Soul Saving - Heart Warming
Back to the Bass Tabernacle
Corsica Studios, Unit 5, Farrell Court Elephant Road London SE17 1LB

This night of worship is bought to you by Electro Elvis and Lula, providing moral guidance to the masses since the turn of the millennium.

It's £10 in advance
Tickets are available from WARPMART and Sounds of the Universe/Soul Jazz

Come give praise in the church of rave
EVERY ONE INVITED
Roland

Post by Roland »

Lets bang in the Wang! :-)
markus

Post by markus »

Some more info now on their website:

"We have gone to great lengths to make the next event even better than the last. After the absolute mentalness when Squarepusher played live, the main room has been totally revamped, opened up and made larger, with much better airflow to keep all you nutters from getting quite sooo hot! We've also beefed up the sound in the second room to make it even louder and bassier!
We so glad you all like the new venue, and can't wait for...."
McBain

Post by McBain »

I went to Wanging Revival Pt.1 featuring Squarepusher. The venue is a bit sweat box (I know some of you nutters will probably like that mind) but acoustically great. Squarepusher did an hour or so's DJ set then reached for his bass and drum machine to thrash out remixed versions of some of his classics.

Unfortunately I've realised I am on my stag weekend in Scotland on this night ARGGGH!! So I won't be making it.

Hope every 808er who gets down there has a rockin' one!
markus

Post by markus »

McBain wrote:Unfortunately I've realised I am on my stag weekend in Scotland on this night ARGGGH!! So I won't be making it.
Take my advice: DON'T GET MARRIED! ;-)
markus

Post by markus »

Tickets now on sale at Warpmart. This is the direct link but if you want the site's navigation just go to warpmart and do a search on 'Wang'.

"Good news!
another Wang, this time Graham Massey and Guy called Gerald, the original Manchester Acid Masters, doing a live set for the first time in years, which will be unmissable really. Also the Simian Disco guys, Andrew Weatherall and the Wang crew all playing it'll be a great party.

Saturday 6th October 2007
Wang Revival Party 2

Venue : Corsica Studios Unit 5 Farrell Court, Elephant Road, London SE17 1LB.
Time : 10.00PM - 6 AM
Cost : £10.00 + £1.20 Booking Fee
Postage :£1"
nickking

Post by nickking »

Just ordered two tickets - John (Ancodia): no need to worry! :D

Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Good Times! :D Just one last thing to get sorted...

By the way, anybody know if they have a decent bar or not? :-? (McBain maybe?)

Don't want to end up having to drink breezers again (Thanks for reminding me about that Steve :x ) Admittedly if Agent King had gotten to Manchester earlier, I wouldn't have spent most of the day drinking Pints of Kronenbourg and numerous glasses of Bourbon in the Printworks. :wink:

J
markus

Post by markus »

If the previous Revival party (4th August) is anything to go by, pre-drinks shouldn't present a problem:

"On the night we are holding a pre-party at the Griffin pub, Leonard Street Shoreditch. Starting at 7pm and going through till 11, normal pub prices for drinks. It's totally free to get in, with WANG DJs droppin warm-up classics to get you in the mood. So come down, sink a few jars, and get limbered up! We'd love you to come and say hi before the mayhem commences."

:)
markus

Post by markus »

So who is coming to Lahndaan then? Rodders has had to pull out in the meantime, so based on your postings, that leaves:

Pete
nickking
Ancodia (from Northern Ireland)
Roland (from Switzerland)
markus (from Holland)
SteveC
'Steve'?

Surely there must be more? You know you'll be kicking yourself if you miss this...
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

booked my ticket on friday, lovely jubbly

i even cancelled a dj gig, cannot miss this!!!
'Steve'

Post by 'Steve' »

Yeah I've got tickets though not totally sure if I can go :-? , if I'm there I'll be raving at the front wearing an Unknown Pleasures shirt!!
nickking

Post by nickking »

Both tickets arrived - can't wait! :D 8)
markus

Post by markus »

Next question, is anyone taking any decent bootlegging devices with them?
I'll be taking my digital photocamera, but it would be cool if someone filmed the event, or at least a good quality audio recording?
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

A true reunion would obviously include an appearance from Martin Price. Could he make a surprise walk on ? I doubt it as well but stranger things have happened.