Gerald Simpson & Graham Massey live acid set 6 Oct 07

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

SteveC wrote:A true reunion would obviously include an appearance from Martin Price. Could he make a surprise walk on ? I doubt it as well but stranger things have happened.
If he doesn't, maybe he could on 08:08:08 to celebrate 20 years of 808?
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:
SteveC wrote:A true reunion would obviously include an appearance from Martin Price. Could he make a surprise walk on ? I doubt it as well but stranger things have happened.
If he doesn't, maybe he could on 08:08:08 to celebrate 20 years of 808?
:D
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

I thought I'd be a pussy and book accommodation, I'm staying at the Bridge hotel (with no toilet or shower) :-?
markus

Post by markus »

This is the final mail out from Wang, anyone fancy a pre drink at the Griffin?

This Saturday 6th October 2007

WANG presents REVIVAL Part II
Seminal Manchester acid house legends Gerald Simpson and Graham Massey perform LIVE together for the first time since 1989.
Utilising only the original analogue hardware machines, Graham and Gerald will be performing a 'back in the day' ultra rare live acid set under the name of

"REBUILD" - A Guy Called Gerald and Graham Massey (808 State).

This is a unique (and very possibly you're only) chance to see two of the founding fathers of the UK dance scene back together, playing live for the first time in nearly 20 years.

As if this wasn't enough for one night, we are also playing host to:

Simian Mobile Disco

Andrew Weatherall

Uncle Buck

Lukey Roots QC

Sidney Le Sarge

Lula & Electro Elvis

Venue is Corsica Studios, Unit 5, Farrell Court Elephant Road London SE17 1LB

It's £10 in advance
Tickets are available online from WARPMART and in person from Sounds of the Universe/Soul Jazz

We will be having a pre-party at the Griffin pub, Leonard street Shoreditch on Saturday from about 8p.m. any tickets left will be available from the DJs there on the night.

Peace and love
Electro Elvis & Lula
www.wanging.com

WANG - Less of a club, more of a party!!
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

so is there a meet up earlier for the trekkies?

i'm not bringing the pocket trumpet this time!
markus

Post by markus »

Did you read the first line? If you're up for it, I'll be at the Griffin pub?
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i was thinking of a boozer staggering distance from the venue, shoreditch is a mighty trek to elephant & castle
markus

Post by markus »

Duh, glad you mentioned that, I was assuming the pub would be next door or something. Indeed, it's miles!
Any other meetup suggestions then?
markus

Post by markus »

Also, the two G's are looking for a piece of equipment for the gig, see viewtopic.php?t=1887 and
viewtopic.php?t=1888
Don't know why he keeps starting new topics?
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

gutted! im not going to be able to make this gig :( :( :( i'd like to say due to unforeseen circumstances, but maybe i should have foresaw that its my ma's 50th birthday on the same day! it's a huge sacrifice but gotta do the loving son bit. if anyone fancies taking a microtrak or something similar to record the gig on that would be great :) or i can loan you guys a laptop to get it straight into pro tools? :)

as sad as it will make me, i expect full report and pics!
Pob

Post by Pob »

markus wrote:Also, the two G's are looking for a piece of equipment for the gig, see viewtopic.php?t=1887 and
viewtopic.php?t=1888
Don't know why he keeps starting new topics?
That's what I call involving the fans!

"We're gonna do a gig. Can you lend us your stuff?" :wink:
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

Should we bring along a soldering iron and some wire strippers just in case the 2G's don't have all the right cables. :D

On another subject, this place doesn't seem too bad for a drink (based on reviews etc) and it's just a street from the venue: Hampton Court Palace Hotel

Wish I'd know about it earlier, would have been a great place to book a room for that short stagger back at six in the morning. 8)

Any other ideas???? :-?
markus

Post by markus »

Ancodia wrote:Should we bring along a soldering iron and some wire strippers just in case the 2G's don't have all the right cables. :D
Seeing they are both Mancs, yes! ;-)
Ancodia wrote:On another subject, this place doesn't seem too bad for a drink (based on reviews etc) and it's just a street from the venue: Hampton Court Palace Hotel

Wish I'd know about it earlier, would have been a great place to book a room for that short stagger back at six in the morning. 8)

Any other ideas???? :-?
Indeed, that would have been a great hotel. A pub or bar with DJs sounds more inviting, any suggestions, Cockneys?
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

i guess Agent Cockney Nick must know of some places close by :)

i rarely go south of the river! (last time was Mass @ Brixton)!
markus

Post by markus »

Agent King is 'avin' it in Las Vegas at the moment. Anyone else? Grant, Rodders?
Also could do with club suggestion for Friday night? Not Fabric as it seems to be a DnB night on Friday.