808 @ Colours?

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

nickking

Post by nickking »

Easyjet (thank God!) doesn't go to Prestwick but to Glasgow Airport. Ryanair, however, does...

Am booking the flights this evening, however Ticketmaster (UK) don't have the event listed yet...

Any good hotels/b&b's near Braehead?

Cheers,

Nick :wink:
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

I'm up for it. Hopefully it will be a better venue than Dundee. An even bigger 808 get together - I like it!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

Balls, theres no flights at all from East Mids to Glasgow. Looks like I'm driving!
dmp

Post by dmp »

All you foreigners planning to come up for the Colours do:- http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk - Hotels, pubs, maps etc. Don't forget yer passport. :smile:
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Fancy picking us up on the way past rodders.......cheers mate!!
nickking

Post by nickking »

Has anyone managed to buy any tickets yet?

I phoned up Ticketmaster and they had no details of Coloursfest on their books...

l8rs,

nickking

Post by nickking »

I got this back from Colours:

"Ticketmaster online is not up and running yet but you can pay by credit card
on 0141 332 4400"

I also received the following info:

"Tickets have gone on sale already and you can buy them in HMV stores across Scotland, as well as all our usual ticket outlets, the festival has been confirmed"

l8rs,

markus

Post by markus »

I've updated http://www.808state.com/live/ with the details I've got so far. Thanks to dmp & Nick King for the links.
markus

Post by markus »

Just announced: DANNII MINOGUE (LIVE), yipeee, haha. Well, with 808, SHADES OF RHYTHM, K-KLASS and ALISON LIMERICK (LIVE), those alone will make my day!
McBain

Post by McBain »

Jesus, shades of rhythmn.. I went to see them play at The Ice Gathering, Whitley Bay, circa 1990, 'Ecstasy EP'.. and K-Klass, you can't go wrong with 'Rhythmn is a Mystery' now can you .. blinder
nickking

Post by nickking »

This makes it to the NME ( http://www.nme.com/news/101415.htm ):

DANNII MINOGUE is set to join current chart stars X-PRESS-2 and veterans 808 STATE on the bill of the inaugural COLOURSFEST dance event in Scotland in June.

The Aussie actress turned singer, who signed a six-album deal with London Records earlier this year, is to relaunch her career at the 10,000 capacity festival at Braehead Arena near Glasgow on June 2.

The line-up also includes Dirty Vegas, K-Klass, Seb Fontaine, Sister Bliss, Erick Morillo, Graeme Park, David Morales, DJ Tiesto and Jengaheads.

Dance DJ Pete Tong’s London Records label is reported to have outbid five other labels and came up with a ‘huge’ offer to sign up Minogue, who has been working on material in New York with Roger Sanchez.

Although her musical career has been resolutely eclipsed by that of her sister Kylie, Dannii had 10 Top 30 hits during the '90s and most recently featured on Riva’s Number Two hit last year, ‘Who Do You Love Now?’.

Coloursfest promoter Ricky Magowan said Minogue plans to ‘follow the family tradition’ of reinvention when she relaunches her career at the festival: ‘This year is going to be massive for Dannii, and we’re delighted to bring her to Scotland. It adds something completely different to Coloursfest.’

The event runs from 2pm to 4am.

Ho hum...

Ian

Post by Ian »

I'm getting tickets this weekend (not that this has anything to do with Dannii appearing!)

See you in the Main Arena

Ian K
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Danni Minogue!!....what next Bob the feckin Builder.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Or Jimmy Sommerville? :grin:

l8rs,

markus

Post by markus »

I'll have anything, as long as it's not Robbie Craig again.