Altern8 Glasgow 16/11/07

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

G

Post by G »

different topic but same city...can anyone recommend a good club in glesga? i used to go to the glasgow hacienda (mark smith an jambo...what some glorious nights where spent there rushing around up the back, down the front all over the place mate..dodgin the bottles and fights) so not interested in goin to a super dooper club...needs to be a bit smelly...shouldnae be hard to find in glesga :P

goin to see the verve comeback gig on 2 nov...want to head onto a sweaty drug infested weird bangin club afterwards.

any ideas?
cheers!
G
markus

Post by markus »

Studio 24 - Edinburgh?
G

Post by G »

got a hotel booked in glesga so need to be a glesga club...
markus

Post by markus »

Did you realise the 808 DJs are in Edinburgh that night?
G

Post by G »

didnae no that...do now and hotel in glesga is cancelled! delighted! The Veve reform gig, 808 state dj's and then watching hibs fuk herts 7 0 oan the sunday!!!

now dats wat a call a nice weekend 8)
G

Post by G »

wat a laugh...studio 24 is where i used to live 2 nights o the week every weekend for years! that club, 'pure' and glasgow hacienda is where a learnt how to be a good dancer like mc tunes man...dancin, sweatin, throwin up, dancin again, talkin about life...o o o o ma mates an me are al screamn now wi laughter thinkin about goin back to studio 24 (calton studios as it once known) tomorrow! Seen some top acts there too...enjoy, k-klass, a home boy a hippy and a funky dred (TOTAL CONFUSION!), simon bass line smith, joey beltram...the list goes on...many many memories there and i am / weare soooo happy to be goin back tommorrow...thanks marcus for pointing that out to me!

sorted mate, nice one!
markus

Post by markus »

OK, since you're totally off-topic here, any further discussion on this please in viewtopic.php?t=1842
or if you're going to write a report, here:
viewforum.php?f=3
The Minnin Trapper

Post by The Minnin Trapper »

Awright G? was away on holiday ther so missed this. The Hacienda oor Carlton Place :D Was in it wan Friday afternoon as they wer holdin a DJ comp n ma mate had entered. 2 guys wae ther taps aff wer bouncin aboot ectod oot ther scones. This is at 1pm. Some place eh? ICF haven, full ay the harry bampottery. Various illegal n underground nights goin on in Glesca at present. Gies a shout fur future info. 8)
G

Post by G »

cheers man...will do!

by the way the studios has changed...the fire has gone out and now it is full of goths wearin black lipstick handin oot glow sticks...lot o pish but never mind. Daz an Andy on the night were good...actually on the night the music was no to bad but thecrowd was mince...depends if your into blackand white tights, doc martin boots, leather biker jackets, wooly jumpers and idiots smilin at you wi ilumonous green teeth...never mind, there will be more nighs to come and i'll be sure to give you a shout if in glesga.

ta ra