Great new N-Joi tracks to buy

Discuss musical topics that are not directly 808 State related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

PeteB

Great new N-Joi tracks to buy

Post by PeteB »

bitley

Inside out

Post by bitley »

The same N-Joi that brought us the album Inside out? I bought that many years ago on a record sale, not knowing what it was. Ended up N-Joying it, it sounded a bit like The Grid with a little touch from Man With No Name perhaps. Happened to play it just now via shuffle playback in iTunes. Did they ever have any hit tracks? What's their sound like today?
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

yeh their hit tracks were Anthem was released twice (90 then 91), then Adrenalin (91), Live In Manchester (92), Drumstruck EP (93),

they also had few other EPs and singles such as Mindflux, Papillon, Bad Things, that didnt chart too high, but were all very good!

the album INSIDE OUT came out in 95, all new recordings plus Anthem was the last (old) track on it! my fav track was A Mothers World!

also for all 808 fans, they were the support act at the In Yer Face Turbo Rave back at the GMex in March 91 (along with the gorgeous vocalist Saffron, who went on to have a major hit with Republica - Ready To Go)

there's been loads of remixes of anthem over the years and now they're back with 2 new ep's (7 tracks) and are all very good stuff!

i have all their stuff (esp early tracks, if u want a cd, message me ok)

their myspace is - www.myspace.com/njoimusic

njoi!