808 State live at The Warehouse Project 23 Mar 08

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Post by markus »

Ticketline: "Unfortunately this event has now sold out."
Myspace: "LOST WEEKEND : TICKET WARNING!!! Its looking likely to be very busy this weekend on Store Street. There are still a limited number of tickets left for Sundays Hacienda Reunion Party." (This was on their myspace bulletin yesterday, maybe it has sold out in the meantime).
Pob

Post by Pob »

OK. Not sure whether to put this here or on the YouTube thread but here is snippett of Nimbus at the Warehouse Project (not mine, I just found it).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCEORyiL3W4

It was a truly fantastic night. It was great to finally get to see 808 live after all these years. I was right at the front directly in front of Andy and I loved it. :D

It was also great to finally get to meet Markus, Nick, Steve and Pete (those Globalstate t-shirts work wonders). :wink:

I can't wait to see the pics that Ancodia got!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Nimbus is a classic synth track and tied in well with a haciendaesque crowd with its ambient tones. As the opener it was certainly well received and a nice set up for the rest of the set. I thought Quincy also went down well with the FAC1 faithful. I was surprised to see Colony make an appearance but as soon as Massey hit the guitar solo it was poetic justice. The mans a genius, even Andy had to stare in admiration. Despite the problems with In Yer Face, and more frustratingly Cubik, it was still a stunning set, with the 90 era well documented. I was able to record both Pacific and Cubik on my camera, so I have 808 footage for the first time in my life to playback on, although the sound is obviously poor. Good to see the 808 regulars out in force and to Pob and Peter.

Till the next time.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Great gig, but I'm still slightly deaf in my right ear! :)
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

nickking wrote:Great gig, but I'm still slightly deaf in my right ear! :)
Yes, me too! It still rings occasionally. great to see so many people, though. Steve C, I'd had have said more than "hello" but we were both being shoved the opposite way. lol.

Pob, I heard you introduce yourself to Markus but I didn't get a chance to say "hello" before you went. At least you got a good space at the front, unlike Pete and I, who were doing a good impression of a pair of sardines between us. lolol

Fantastic night! See you on 08/08/08!
markus

Post by markus »

Top, top, top night! Great seeing all you guys. Finally meeting PeteZarustica and Pob, and the usual suspects: 808's Tartan Army, John Ancodia, Nick King, SteveC, Pete. I somehow managed to miss Johnnycab.

Totally sold out event, 2000+ ravers at a fantastic venue.

Highlights included Gerald and 808 almost back-to-back. Loved Gerald's updated version of Voodoo Ray (which also included one Pacific chord, hehe) and needless to say I went to heaven when Darren dedicated Cobra Bora to a certain Markus. Did anyone make a movie of that by any chance?

Didn't memorize the setlist, as I naturally assumed Pete would provide it.

Drums: Pat Illingworth.
Bass: Paddy Steer.
Bongos, Turntablism, MCing: Darren Partington.
Keys, Laptop: Andrew Barker.
Keys, guitar, programming, clarinet: Graham Massey.
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

I might have Darren's dedication recorded, will be checking the 1GB of stuff I took, only know that as the camera came up 'card full' before the battery went flat, a first for me.
The sound isn't bad on most of the clips either, if only the light levels were better at time it might all have stayed in focus, but there is certainly some good stuff there. Will get the best upped to MySpace and then posted to the forum.
I'm glad people have confirmed Steve C was there as I didn't see him all night, admittedly I was to busy larking about with Emma and Mandy et al
As has been said, an absolute top night!!!!!
August can't come soon enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John 8)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Yes John, I saw you on the stage, I thought you were Andys stand in, in case he went for a pee :wink:
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Setlist was, if I remember correctly:

Nimbus
Cobra Bora
Techno City (Donkey Doctor)
Timebomb
Colony
Quincy
Pacific
In Yer Face
Cubik

Time: 53mins.
Jonnycab

Post by Jonnycab »

What a fantastic night it was and thanks to 808 for a superb set which was the icing on the cake. Lasted until about 4 in the morning which wasn't bad given the quantity of lager consumed (fortunately in Monroes before the £3.80 for a tin of Bud).

I looked out for you guys and did recognise Nick from Bloom 2006 and have a vague recollection of chatting to him during the Hooky DJ set. Also spotted John on stage (was hoping for the 808 version of Bez but it didn't happen!) and later in the 'cigarette' zone...........
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

808state's Tartan Army wrote:Setlist was, if I remember correctly:

Nimbus
Cobra Bora
Techno City (Donkey Doctor)
Timebomb
Colony
Quincy
Pacific
In Yer Face
Cubik

Time: 53mins.
Yes, thats how I remember it, not sure about the order. I see Quincy is without his lunch nowadays.
Ancodia

Massey

Post by Ancodia »

Ancodia

Pat

Post by Ancodia »

Ancodia

Paddy

Post by Ancodia »

Ancodia

Andy 'Barking Mad' Barker

Post by Ancodia »