Happy 08 08 08 !!!

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

PeteB

Post by PeteB »

yes, i got up at 7am, went online and emailed mr moyles

i asked could he play some 808 state as today is 08/08/08 and maybe even 08:08am would be great!

he used to do a little thing months ago asking his mate whats the time, and when his mate replied its 808, they would play a clip of pacific!

so when i tuned in today, at 8am, they played a bit of pacific and asks viewers what the significance of the tune being played with todays date!

soon after, he asks his mate what the time is, he replies its 8.37 and 30 odd seconds, so chris then says about playing 808 state when the time reaches 08:08 and 08 seconds - which they then do!

he asks what the time and date is and they all reply its 080808080808

can anyone go to radio one's website and find the clip

cheers

played 808 all day at work (i-pod and speakers), and just played pacific tonight at 8.08pm!

have fun everyone, i'm off to go and find Steph!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

It's played around the 1 hour 37min mark.
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Happy 08:08:08 everyone. :D

I can't believe it's been nearly 10 years since I joined this forum. It's been an excellent trip with gigs, downloads and general banter. Big up to everyone involved, but honourable mentions must go to Markus for keeping this site going and of course, to Graham, Andy, Darren, Gerald and Martin for creating, and sustaining, something special for the past 20 years.

Fantastic!

However you are celebrating today, I hope it's a good'un!

I'm now going to kick-back, relax and play 808 tunes all night. 8)
markus

Post by markus »

newbuild

Post by newbuild »

yes happy 080808 indeed!

looks like i made this just in the nick of time!

but for me, i've still 8 hours left!
dmp

Post by dmp »

Happy 080808. Can't believe that it's 17 years since the day I bought ex:el and became a fan!

All the best to Graham,Andy,Darren,(and of course Martin & Gerald) and thanks for the music, long may it continue!!!
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

markus wrote:For the ultra geeks:
http://www.808state.com/sounds/mp3/moyles080808.mp3
:)
Lovely :) Thanks M!

I wish they played the full track not just the hook.
PeteZarustica

Post by PeteZarustica »

Pete wrote:yes, i got up at 7am, went online and emailed mr moyles
Brilliant Pete, brilliant. I can't stop listening LOL
markus

Post by markus »

OK, final 38 minutes of 08/08/08 in Hawaii upon us now. I've been spinning 808 tunes 48 hours solid.
Pictures of the DJ night in the DJ forum now.
viewtopic.php?t=2050
David

Post by David »

Happy belated 08:08:08

I watched the Olympic Ceremony with a bunch of friends wearing my 808 State t-shirt from Pete- quality top which still looks as good as day 1

Played 808 all day- it still all sounds very exciting

I love 808 State- the soundtrack to my life

Thank you Graham, Andy, Darren, Gerald, Martin

Thanks to Markus for this brilliant website and for all the hard work you do. I don't post much but I always check the website a couple of days a week.

I still hope for some new recorded material from 808 and a new album!

David
BADGERMAN

Post by BADGERMAN »

Happy 808 09/08/08 - lame I know but I coulnn't access the site last night.

Just like to say thanks to 808 state Graham, Darren and Andy (and also Martin and Gerald).

808 State has been a big part of the music I listen to over the past 18 years, I can never put my finger on why I like the music as much as I do. The tracks are interesting and stand out with a certain freshness - which definately does it for me. There have been many occasions where I have heard an 808 track for the first time and been blown away by its sound. For example I had to keep looping Balboa when I first heard it (eh PeteZarustica), but this has been the case with so many 808 tracks.

My first ever CD I bought was THORTB and the second was Cubik/Olympic, I had to talk my parents into buying themselves a new Hifi so I could play them (although I did have the tracks on vinyl).

I hope the material keeps coming, with future albums apperaring even if at sporadic times, it will be interesting to see what sounds 808 State will be producing in the future (Don Solaris and Outpost Transmission were great albums- can't wait for the next ones). Don't think Concorde should ever stop flying, and could never be replaced - not even by the Russians!

A very big shout out to Markus (with the help of Agent King and anyone else who has contributed). The free material (which has been plentiful) and 808 info has been top notch, fans are not normally treated this well!!

I hope 808 State goes on into the future - all the best from Paul (aka Badgerman).

Ps Don't care that 08.08.08 live didnt hapen on the date - these things are hard to sort out. But if it does happen it will be great.

PPS What a brilliant year for 808/808 related material!
G

Post by G »

happy (belated) b'day to 808 state who gave me and all of us here the mind bending tools to explore unknown landscapes of mind and music matter over the last 20 years...unbelievable high quality sounds, enough funky basslines and bangin tunes to keep me totally biased in my opinion that 808 are the only fkn dance techno whatever band to listen to if you want an education...get down on your knees and pray young man!

Big up to Mr M, Agent Nick and all the 808 junkies for offering/taking part in the god damn best music/band website there is!

R.E.L.E.A.S.E.Y.O.U.R.B.O.D.Y.R.E.A.L.E.A.S.E.Y.O.U.R.B.O.D.Y.R.E.L.E.A.S.E.Y.O.U.R B.O.D.Y.R.E.A.L.E.A.S.E.Y.O.U.R.B.O.D.Y.R.E.L.E.A.S.E.

808 state for(another 20 years)ever
G