Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

markus

Wot, no 808 at M09?

Post by markus »

graham

Post by graham »

yes and yet again Damon Alban walks off with the money
and Lou Reed is back ..There s a pattern forming.
De La Soul?.. Durutti column? . Jesus
nickking

Post by nickking »

All Mancunian bands, then...? :wink:

(oh, and on another forum I misread the link - thought it might not be suitable for a work computer - then I realised there wasn't an "l" in the link)! :D

:P
graham

Post by graham »

I dont think the Festival should be about Manchester bands-Its about bringing high quality culture to Manchester instead of it all going to London.
When you see who s on the board there s a few suspect choices -I think De La Soul was on last time as well...
Elbow with the Halle is a a bit of a" Guardian Readers " safe bet,no disrespect to Elbow -they still did The Roadhouse "s 10 year Birthday party
.I think UNCON are doing a fringe festival to coincide with the MIF,
and in away I think fringe festivals should be given some of the money in order to have a response.
Kraftwerk at the Velodrome (the Velodrome is one of the best indoor cycle places in the world , built for the commenwealth games) So you can see why they said yes to that.Some one was saying there is only one origenal member left?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Yup, Ralf is the only original member left - Florian left last year (he wasn't at the Poland gigs I did last year)....

8)
newbuild

ralf ist kraftwerk?

Post by newbuild »

this is news to me!
i'm glad i caught ralf und florian last year at coachella!
it's funny-my friend has his own ambulance and we rode straight into coachella playing it off as paramedics, to see aphex twin and kraftwerk!
nickking

Post by nickking »

Could be wrong, but I don't think Florian was at Coachella? :-?

8)
markus

Post by markus »

I believe he was. He only left the band recently.
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:I believe he was. He only left the band recently.
Ah, he might have only just left the band officially (Nov 08), but from memory, I believe he didn't perform at any of the 2008 live dates... The Coachella one was the first, as the reason given was that he didn't agree with American policies in Iraq and refused to go to America?

I'll try and find the relevant news articles to refresh my memory! :wink:
newbuild

wo ist florian?

Post by newbuild »

i see.
i don't recall seeing florian at coachella, i just assumed the balder/older guy was him... forgive me typ ;)

i couldn't argue with florian if he had decided not to come to america for his political reasons...

being an american, i would sympathise with him.
nickking

Post by nickking »

"On March 13, 2008, it was announced that Kraftwerk will play three shows in US cities Minneapolis, Milwaukee, and Denver prior to the date at Coachella.[27]

More dates have yet to be added. Florian Schneider is not included in the lineup of the 2008 US tour as he strongly apposes the George Bush administration. The lineup consist of Ralf Hutter, Henning Schmitz, Fritz Hilpert, and an unknown fourth member who appears to be in his late twenties.

The release of The Catalogue box set is still awaiting confirmation, in addition to any new studio material.

The group will celebrate its fortieth anniversary in 2010."
nickking

Post by nickking »

He also didn't appear at the Poland shows in September 2008 - obviously the excuse of the George Bush administration doesn't really apply to Poland...! :wink:

8)