Mix Factory Shows MP3d

Discuss 808 State Radio Shows, DJ sets, podcasts, interviews etc.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Ian_H

Mix Factory Shows MP3d

Post by Ian_H »

Those familiar with Sunset Radio will remember or know of The Mix Factory DJs who sometimes stood in for 808 state when they were gigging etc.Then in late 19991 The Mix Factory got their own show on Sundays.

I have the first 2 shows and one from 1992 which I've MP3d at 128kbps

the shows are :

24th Nov 91 115mins
01st Dec 91 160mins
02nd Feb 1992 90mins

There are some wicked tunes on these shows.

I would like to share them around in the hope that the top tune IDers like Brady and Bunkerheads and all could do a tracklisting on the 808 forum.Problem is I use a library computer where time and user restrictions may probably make sending MP3s difficult or Impossible.

So could any of the lads that do the tracklistings E-mail me sending an address (or 3rd party address if you prefer).I will send the mp3s to you on CD.
Thanks in advance(and to Markus) Ian kaleidovortex@yahoo.co.uk
DaveLee

Post by DaveLee »

Loved the Mix Factory, one of whom was XTC (Marc McKinley) of course as well as Higgy, Dave Pullen etc. Ended up in at a night in Joshua Brookes in Manchester a few weeks back where they started playing old skool... they played 'Burning like Fire' by the Mix Factory!! Memories galore!
jon

Post by jon »

Decided to try and convert some of my old tapes to my computer. Found one of the 808 radio show from early 91, when mix factory stood in. 45 mins long mainly the eastern bloc top 10. Would anyone be interested in it. If so i copuld try put it up for download somewhere.
markus

Post by markus »

Absolutely! Our goal must be to archive every 808 radio show ever on this site. Please let me know where you've uploaded it to. Thanks.
jon

Post by jon »

Will do. Will have to ask the missus how to do that. But should be somewhere within next couple of days
markus

Post by markus »

Could anyone enlighten us as to exactly how the mix factory was related to the 808 show? I've listened to Jon's tape and there is no reference to 808 at all, *but* they do play the EasternBloc Top 10, would that classify it as a 808 show? Here are some other topics that have discussed Sunset, Sammy B and Mix Factory in the past:

sunset 102
Sunset 102 - 808 State
Sammy B
markus

Post by markus »

Jon's show is now uploaded. See this topic:
viewtopic.php?p=10782
BUNKERHEADZ
Location: Zaanstad (Netherlands) the suburbs of AMSTERDAM. . . .

Post by BUNKERHEADZ »

Lo guys, not been here for a while, but......still needs ID's on these?

and no need to send it, I'll just get on mi bike and get m of yaself Markus ;)
BUNKERHEADZ
Location: Zaanstad (Netherlands) the suburbs of AMSTERDAM. . . .

Post by BUNKERHEADZ »

Soz, thought Markus started this thread, my bad :-S
markus

Post by markus »

Always an honour to see you here Bunker, any IDs gladly received :)
DaveLee

Post by DaveLee »

Markus, I realise that this is a long overdue response to your question but haven't been on for quite a while. Essentially, the only relationship between the 808 State show and the Mix Factory show is that they were both on Manchester's Sunset 102 FM (..."the kickin' FM!"). 808 was on Tuesday nights (10pm -1am) and the Mix Factory on Sunday nights (10pm - 1am). These formed part of a general Mancunian culture for radio-based dance music shows at this time. Sunset was a forerunner in this. Other noteworthy shows were Stu Allan's 'Move' shows on Key 103 on Saturdays and Sundays (it overlapped with the Mix Factory for about an hour or so).

The Mix Factory were a group themselves (from Oldham, Lancs I think?). They were signed to AATW.
markus

Post by markus »

Cheers DaveLee, thanks for the enlightment.
elliott

Post by elliott »

Heres a little group i found on facebook peeps, it may be of interest
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 627&ref=ts

www.the-hippodrome.co.uk
nickking

Post by nickking »

elliott wrote:Heres a little group i found on facebook peeps, it may be of interest
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/group ... 627&ref=ts

www.the-hippodrome.co.uk
Nice one - you should book Andy and Daz for that! :D 8)
elliott

Post by elliott »

andy n daz ?