music on youtube

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

music on youtube

Postby dnarcidy » 20 Jun 2009 21:29

Is it OK if I use one of your songs on Youtube and give you credit?
dnarcidy

Postby markus » 23 Jun 2009 09:59

Well if nobody is answering your request, I guess the answer is yes. Though it might be useful to know more, e.g. what is your film about and which track are you using?
markus

Postby dnarcidy » 24 Jun 2009 05:49

I was thinking of either Cobra Bora or Cubik. It would just be background music in a video where a friend and I answer ridiculous or funny questions people ask and give them advice.
dnarcidy

Postby graham » 30 Jun 2009 20:02

I think the official answer on these issues is there is rarely one person who has written the music there for no one composer can speak for the others.
So we have a publisher who coordinates a response also the publishers own a chunk of the pie .. which complicates it further..
I have many personal thoughts on the subject of Internet usage.
- I quite like the idea of Spotify where they do pay royalties. Im trying to get ZTT to sign up 808s stuff (they do have outpost up and some remixes)
-its better than poor quality mp3s and pictures of vynil going round on a deck- or poor quality mp3s with wierd pervey japanese animation..
God we could have saved loads of money if we knew that audio quality would nt matter in the future,or indeed saved all that money making videos and just stuck up an old copy of Marine Boy or something.Oops Im begining to rant.. but it makes a change to be asked ..thanks
graham

Postby Pob » 01 Jul 2009 12:34

graham wrote:God we could have saved loads of money if we knew that audio quality would nt matter in the future,or indeed saved all that money making videos and just stuck up an old copy of Marine Boy or something.

Noooooooo!!!!!

That money was well spent - especially listening to the remasters. Jeez - we've been listening to inferior sound quality for over 20 years compared to the remastered CDs. Had Ex:El on in the car to work today and the bass for Nephatiti made my rear view mirror vibrate so much I couldn't see in it. The old Ex:El didn't do that!

Anyways, I'm going off-topic. Since dnarcidy wants it on in the background while something else is going on, would that cause a problem? It's not like he want to make a new video for Cobra Bora or anything. Does that mean I have to be careful when filming a mate being stupid just in case we're listening to tunes at the time and it happens to get captured on the video?

The irony is, of course, that if dnarcidy just made the video and posted it, nobody on here would be any the wiser and ZTT would probably never see it.
Pob

Postby dee3 » 02 Jul 2009 00:14

Pob wrote:Does that mean I have to be careful when filming a mate being stupid just in case we're listening to tunes at the time and it happens to get captured on the video?

The answer to that one is a "Yes..." actually, Pob!

Read:
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1223676 ... ?mod=blogs

Pob wrote:The irony is, of course, that if dnarcidy just made the video and posted it, nobody on here would be any the wiser and ZTT would probably never see it.

Call me a weeny, Pob - but I wouldn't be too sure 'bout that one, regarding ZTT/Perfect Songs not seeing it;
especially, if dnarcidy's vid lucks MAX in the YouTube-/viral-lottery, and attracts some serious viewer numbers...
Last edited by dee3 on 02 Jul 2009 17:05, edited 1 time in total.
dee3

Postby Pob » 02 Jul 2009 12:47

Thanks for the clarification, Dee.

I'll remember to pay Warner some royalties next time I sing "Happy Birthday"
Pob

Postby dee3 » 02 Jul 2009 17:02

:D
dee3

Return to 808 State discussion