The Art of ZTT - gallery exhibition

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

solarex

The Art of ZTT - gallery exhibition

Post by solarex »

Has this one been discussed here. I couldn't find anything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5roOzEeGvc&NR=1

PS. What is EP of Dance doing there? ;-) Always found that sleeve slobby.
markus

Post by markus »

I always loved that sleeve! :)
graham

Post by graham »

odd one out for me is Planet Rock -was nt that Tommy Boy Only?
IanPeel

Post by IanPeel »

No ZTT licensed it back from Tommy Boy for a UK release - across two different 12"s and two different CD singles. I thought the 12"s made a tasty pair... so included them in the exhibition.
graham

Post by graham »

Im often the last to know,I remember the Tommy Boy end .
Was there a similar thing with the Bowie mix then?
I still wish we could do an 808 remix comp one day.I guess that would be a liscensing challenge.?
solarex

Post by solarex »

graham wrote:I still wish we could do an 808 remix comp one day.I guess that would be a liscensing challenge.?
Let alone the voteings on 808state.com. Endless...

Loooots of fine stuff, but I'll go for the second mix of Voiceprint. So strange, groovy and tech-y.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

markus wrote:I always loved that sleeve! :)
me 2
N.JOHNSON

808 Collaboration

Post by N.JOHNSON »

Yeah i hope some time in the future there would be an 808 anthology box set of remixes that 808 have done with other people's work. I always imagined it would be called 808 State : Collabor8. Maybe thats a bit too Altern8 but it would work as a title. Maybe just 808 State The Remix Anthology says it all or as Erasure already quite simply put, Other Peoples Songs.

In response to the discussion about The Extended Pleasure of Dance EP cover I thought it was pretty cool at the time it came out. In fact I have been toying with the idea of creating a CD cover version of it for the web site for people to download. As it was never released as a CD I am sure there are people who like me would like to see it sat in their 808 State CD collection. As the mixes on the EP are available across many 808 CD's already out there from 808 Utd State 90 to the 90 reissue it would be easy for fans to make their own CD for their own personal use. As no one else has created one I thought I might take up the challenge if anyone is interested. Let me know if you think it's worth doing. If not I just do one for myself as i did for the NewOrder Acid House mixes of Blue Monday and Confusion.

Later people

Nick. :wink:
Cliffy Bora

Post by Cliffy Bora »

I really liked the Extended cover as well.

When you say a remix competition Graham do you mean people actually remxing your tracks? I see these kind of comps on forums all the time with current dance music, I'm sure it is ok to do as your only giving out parts and the remix becomes original work of the remix artist.