808 gig flyer scan, any interest?

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

808rayd

808 gig flyer scan, any interest?

Post by 808rayd »

I recently scanned a flyer for an 808 state gig (you were supporting Eat Static) at the Planet in Coventry in 1996 (I think), just wondered if there was any interest in me upping the scan or how I can submit it to the official site?

It was a really cool gig because I got to meet all the guys afterwards and they all signed my t-shirt, I think it was because I was the only person who bought one that night ;-)

Shame it got washed about 3 yrs later, grrrr.

Oh, someone would have to tell me how to add images here. I don't see an upload button.[/img]
markus

Post by markus »

If we don't have it yet (have you checked the live section, e.g.
http://www.808state.com/live/1996/index.htm ?) then gladly!
Get in touch via personal message and I'll make sure it gets uploaded.
nickking

Post by nickking »

Echoing Markus' comments - yes please - all scans of flyers/ticket stubs/etc much appreciated.

If you message Markus, then he can arrange uploading it (or get me to do it)! :P

The end result of a near-complete Live/DJ dates history is a pipedream! :)

8)
808rayd

Post by 808rayd »

after having checked every year from 95 to 2000 as far as i can see its not there, i've msg'ed markus so we'll see how i can get it online.

its weird because the actual gig date (Friday 1st Nov) isnt even listed either.
markus

Post by markus »

Hmmm, that's weird that the date isn't mentioned. One Coventry listing in 1996 is:
"??? 2:Oct - 808 State Live - Megadog, Warwick University, Coventry [Unconfirmed] "

We may need Graham Massey's help on this one. Looking forward to the flyer.
nickking

Post by nickking »

If the flyer has a day on it, then I normally use old calendars (available online, I don't keep paper copies! :p) and work back from there.

Looking forward to the flyer.

8)
808rayd

Post by 808rayd »

checked the date on my PC, it was definately a Friday on the 1st of November in 1996.

FWIW I'm not sure 808 State were the main act as they played 1st, I think Eat Static were the headliners. As far as I remember they played Pacific & about 4 or 5 other tracks, it wasn't a very long set and the crowd didn't seem very interested.

Not that I cared, it meant I got to dance right in front of the stage to Pacific. I know when I spoke the band after the set to buy my t-shirt they didn't seem very happy, I'm guessing it was from the rather muted reception which is why they were all more than happy to sign my t-shirt for me. I'm pretty sure I was the only person who bought any merchandise off them at all that night.

Anyway I just emailed the flyer to Markus so expect to see it up as soon as he gets it.
markus

Post by markus »

Many thanks, have added it to
viewtopic.php?t=2264
for now, will update the live section with it asap.
Graham, could you please take a look in your Filofax and confirm the date?
808rayd

Post by 808rayd »

markus wrote:Graham, could you please take a look in your Filofax and confirm the date?
If it helps it was at Coventry University or at least a building (The Planet) that was owned at the time by Cov Uni, not Warwick. The 2 are in totally different parts of the city ;-) Its bizarre, Warwick University is technically within the Coventry City boundary. Its not in Warwick ;-)

The League Of Gentlemen made that mistake during their tour at the Arts Centre and got massively booed for it.
markus

Post by markus »

I have uploaded the flyer to
http://www.808state.com/live/1996/index.htm
Thanks again.