Franco...808 State and Italian football culture

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

David

Franco...808 State and Italian football culture

Post by David »

I have come across a wonderful bizarre fanzine/CD called 'Da Liverpool a San Siro' which is basically a tribute to the football culture the Spion Kop at Liverpool FC created.

The fanzine/cd was created by the Milan (fans)Commandos at AC Milan Curva Sud section of the ground.

The fanzine is completely in Italian-which I don't speak-and it seems to draw parellels between the Milan Commandos and their idols Liverpool's Kop.
The CD features samples of both crowds and other football related songs (Barmy Army)and Italian cheesy house.

So just glancing through a fanzine about Italian terrace culture and its influences in Italian and what do I see ?
808 State's name jumps out at me in an article.

Maybe Franco could translate please ?

"Arrivamo fino ai nostri giorni,chiaramente,con le musiche attuali,ricordando il gruppo house-techno 808 State che,come dichiarano i suoi componeti, 'scrivano musica pensando di essere sulle terraces a guardarsi la partita ricreando gli stessi momenti:il prima-e il dopo-parti-ta,i ritmi e la tensione del tempo dio gioco,le occasion mancate,l'esultanza del gol ' "
Franco

Translation

Post by Franco »

Hope this makes some sense! (My english is not perfect!)

Clearly, until our days, with music put in for effect -
remember house-techno group 808 State. It is true that to say that
they write music which is as if they are on the terraces to watch
the game recreating that same moment: The kick-off, the after-match stuff, the rhythms and the tension of God's game. But the occasion lacked the exultation of a goal.

I find this very interesting, if not only English translation but Italian too!

FRANCO (Juve Fan).
markus

Post by markus »

Grazie Franco, grazie Juve.
Markus (Newcastle fan). Wish us luck against Inter.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Juventus better pray Man U aren't in form, cos they'll give em a whipping. Another set of Black & White rubbish, only from another country :wink:
Franco

Post by Franco »

Afraid I cannot agree with your opinion Mark!

Manchester United are definetely a "spent force" in my opinion. I think British football is boring to be honest.

I do like exciting teams like Arsenal and Celtic Glasgow however.

Franco.

FORZA JUVE
Mark

Post by Mark »

Spent force? :x hah!

You'll see my friend!
Franco

Post by Franco »

Ok so we can agree to differ!

I think Juve will beat Manchester United well, especially now that Rio Ferdinand is "defending" for them.

We can do our talking with the ball, so I'll leave it for now!

I think Arsenal could serious challenge for the Champions league, and Celtic Glasgow can win the UEFA cup.

Bye.
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

The most skillful and exciting team in Scotland is Rangers. They play the ball on the ground, unlike Celtic, who just pump it up towards Henrik (crap in any other league) Larsson. If any British team is going to win the UEFA Cup it will be Liverpool. The Toon Army will win the Champions League of course. :wink:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Laughing my arse off :P
Franco

Juve

Post by Franco »

Rangers? This has to be a joke. Surely you are insane. I remember watching them play us a few years ago. It would be true to say they are one of the worst football teams I have ever seen in my life.

Do you know that Lorenzo Amoruso plays for that team? He is not a good football player and is perhaps born on the moon or some crazy place where no football is played. He is the skilled footballer of a monkey who has no legs. Also he looks like a woman.

He is a banal person to be laughed at very much here. He tells the British newpapers about his mum's spaghetti and this type of thing. I do not know what your message for Henrik Larsson means but I think he is a very great player. He is also a very good player for the Swedish team too.

Last season Celtic of Glasgow beat us at their stadium, and we only beat them in dell'Alpi by a very fortunate penalty (although I am not complaining!)

Also I have seen the game of Celtic-Rangers where Celtic played very well and won 6-2. And O'neill as a manager is very good I think. Also they have the midfielder Petrov of Bulgaria who is very good.

Honestly I think only this team and Arsenal (who have Ljunberg and Henry and Pires) are worth watching in Britain.

!!! And to think all this started when I was translating Milan fans words!!

Enough! :-)

Franco.
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Rangers are a much better side than than the one which lost 4-0 in 1995. Amoruso always plays well against Celtic and Larsson gets very few chances. Rangers will win the SPL this year. :P

Markus will probably end up moving this thread to Off-Topic the way it's going.
Mark

Post by Mark »

Man Utd 5 Geordie Crap 3 :P

Ruud Va Nistelrooy 3 Alan Shearer 1 :P

Juventus shortly! :D

Spent force my arse
Ancodia

MUFC

Post by Ancodia »

Well said! Oh and look Arsenal and Liverpool got beaten today, boo hoo. :D
Come On You Reds!
8)
L8RS
John
SkiFamily91

Post by SkiFamily91 »

hmm, this is all just so 808-related......

anyway, up the Wolves :D

Harvey