ZTT close your eyes inc 808 (The Art Of The 12")

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

PeteB

ZTT close your eyes inc 808 (The Art Of The 12")

Post by PeteB »

http://www.ztt.com/news/close_your_eyes.html

Close your eyes and imagine... a product of Zang Tuum Tumb.

A sequel to Sampled and Zance, that's bigger than both combined... Imagine a compilation containing previously unreleased period remixes of Frankie Goes To Hollywood and Propaganda; classic ACT (and unheard moments with Chris Senior); one of Graham Massey's favourite US mixes of 808 State and another, previously vinyl-only version of Pacific; first-time-on-CD tracks by FGTH, Art of Noise, Anne Pigalle, Andrew Poppy, Glenn Gregory & Claudia Brucken; one of the deepest, darkest cuts from License to Thrill; and the missing link in Propaganda's Testament trilogy.

Imagine even more... Imagine the same deluxe compact disc addition to the Element Series containing previously unheard Nasty Rox Inc. (not 9th Wonder or 10th Wonder, but 11th Wonder!); Instinct (!)'s Sleewalking (!!) - the 12" mix (!!!); and, finally, Life's A Barrel of Laugh's by Art & Act in full eight-minute glory.

Let us feed your imagination. It's Element 12 and it's coming soon on Zang Tuum Tumb. Imagine!
nickking

Post by nickking »

Nice one - wonder what the previously vinyl-only remix is??

From memory, there's only one mix on the US 12" single that hasn't appeared on CD yet - Pacific 516, and one mix that from the UK single that hasn't appeared on CD yet - Pacific 909 (Mellow Birds Mega Edit) / Bonus Bird Beats [although combined on the US Promo CD single]...

Although, of course, if you discount the US Promo CD single, then there's quite a few vinyl-only

Hmmm - intriguing! :)

8)
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

now called THE ART OF THE 12"

contains Pacific 909, Bonus Beats & Cubik (Kings County Perspective)

http://www.discogs.com/Various-The-Art- ... se/2408199
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

markus

Post by markus »

Interesting from an 808 perspective:

1-8 808 State - Cübik (Kings County Perspective) 6:00

1-10 MC Tunes Vs. 808 State - Dance Yourself To Death (License To Thrill) 5:40

1-11 808 State - Pacific 909 (Mellow Birds Mega Edit) 7:05

2-15 808 State - Pacific (Bonus Bird Beats) 2:58

I believe the only total exclusive previously not available on CD track is Dance Yourself To Death. But as Nick correctly points out, most people probably don't own the US Pacific Promo CD, so this should be an interesting compilation for CD fans. It appears to be low-price too.
nickking

Post by nickking »

markus wrote:Interesting from an 808 perspective:

I believe the only total exclusive previously not available on CD track is Dance Yourself To Death. But as Nick correctly points out, most people probably don't own the US Pacific Promo CD, so this should be an interesting compilation for CD fans. It appears to be low-price too.
Well, the two mixes of 909 make up the full 909 mix (as on the CD). The two edits (as on the UK 12" remix) haven't been released on CD as two seperate mixes...

Is the License To Thrill mix the same as on the German "Dance Yourself To Death" CD? Having not got the tape (yeah, I know - one of my most wanted 808-related items!), I seem to remember it's supposed to have an unreleased version of Pacific too?

8)
markus

Post by markus »

Supposedly out next Monday, 7 February 2011.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

nickking wrote:
markus wrote:Interesting from an 808 perspective:

Well, the two mixes of 909 make up the full 909 mix (as on the CD). The two edits (as on the UK 12" remix) haven't been released on CD as two seperate mixes...

Is the License To Thrill mix the same as on the German "Dance Yourself To Death" CD? Having not got the tape (yeah, I know - one of my most wanted 808-related items!), I seem to remember it's supposed to have an unreleased version of Pacific too?

8)
Having not got the tape - Nick!!!

808 remix of Moments In Love gotta be the most rarest item surely?
nickking

Post by nickking »

Pete wrote:Having not got the tape - Nick!!!

808 remix of Moments In Love gotta be the most rarest item surely?
Very true, however the License To Thrill cassette is bloomin' difficult to find! :(

:P

8)
nickking

Post by nickking »

Well, according to an e-mail from Amazon, it was dispatched today, so (in theory!) should be here on Monday! :)

8)
markus

Post by markus »

Yes, out today. It's also already available on Spotify.
Confirmation that the MC Tunes Vs. 808 State - Dance Yourself To Death (License To Thrill) is a unique version (it's a minute longer than than the one on the german CD Dance Yourself To Death).
mkdonspaul

Nearly 21 Years

Post by mkdonspaul »

...since I bought the 12" of Pacific with 909, Break et all from a record shop in Wolverton, £6.99 it cost me and I still have it, though no record deck to play it on :)

I decided to order the compilation on cd rather than iTunes...

I did have the CD Promo which had 909 from Tommy Boy, ended up selling it for £100 on bay a number of years ago, along with the Cubik Tommy Boy cd single as well.

Thing is, should it have been as one track as per the 12" or not? excuse me while I use audacity...

(I was here under the name of einsteiradio but forgot my password and the email address I was using is now deleted - greetings from 808 State fan in Milton Keynes)