808 colours setlist

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

Post by SteveC »

When 808 perform at large festivals they seem to have to adhere to strict time constraints ie, no more than 45 minutes on stage. Will this be the case at colours and can we expect a NEW setlist to coincide with the album ?

Scotlands a long way from me so I want to make sure its going to be WELL worthwhile making the journey.....with rodders at the wheel and me chilling out in the back.
graham

Post by graham »

We hope to be doing a new set,but this is
dependant on updating our live equipment
which we are currently negotiating out
of the record label..as soon as we know
I ll post it up,I noted on earlier disscusion board requests for some updated
versions of older tunes ,which we are considering,lets have some of your Ideas
Mark

Post by Mark »

Graham,

How about newer versions of San Francisco (would be great live) also La Luz would make a cracking live tune, perhaps with some bigger beats?

I am hoping to make the trip to Scotland, but its difficult due to work constraints.

Are there any plans to tour 'Outpost Transmission' anywhere near the North East?

Will there be any singles from the new album?

Sorry to barrage you with questions!!!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

We are honoured by Grahams monthly "Posting transmission".

The bad news is that my new business is almost down the swanny but the good news is that this means I should be able to make the Scotland do.......what great bad luck timing!!

Cheer me up graham with the return of the cobra.
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

Spanish Marching (to open with), Long Orange (for the State 2 State 2 fans) & Cobra Bora (any version will do - call the cops for JD). - replacing Relay, Doctors & Nurses, Banacheq & Bonded. (been hearing relay, banacheq & bonded LIVE for over 5 years now).

also returning to Pacific & Cubik (versions from Gorgeous tour - especially Cubik with the sample from Papua New Guinea). Not too keen on the Pacific 98 version (sorry). The In Yer Face (updated) is cool, love the bassline man...
Souflex

Post by Souflex »

Have to agree with Pete on that set list, pretty strong 808 tracks there, I would though like to hear Firecracker all done up new millenium style.

I also have one question regarding this gig. Someone told me that this is the opening night for club Space in Ibiza and there would be a live satelite link up from Colours with 808 possibly appearing live on a huge screen in the club Space?!

Graham is this true??? I will be missing the gig in Scotland as I will be in Ibiza at the time (I am gutted. If 808 were to be playing live on satelite tv in club Space.... well short of having my first son that would be the happiest day of my life!
Rich The Donkey Doctor

Post by Rich The Donkey Doctor »

I'd like to hear a housed-up, trippy version of Pacific - bring back the African chanting! Loads of live bongos/congas over the top - could make it really brazillian/tribal...loose the hard breaks though

Ancodia would be excellent live - dont think it's been done yet? Daz could do some freestyle scratchin. Sure it would be a winner.

More acid n' bleeps for the kids!
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

Apparently its the Space Arena thats being RELAYed live to Ibiza. 808 are playing in the Main Arena and are the headline act....WOO HOO!!
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

well well isn't this shaping up to be a large one?

Requests?! flow coma (as if), insane lover, cobra bora, bond (with doughty)
markus

Post by markus »

Like some others, these are the ones I would replace: Banacheq, Relay, Bonded & Bombadin. I'm presuming 10 tracks would be the most to fit into a festival set, so here's my festival dreamlist:
Kick off with Donkey Doctor,
Pacific,
Cubik,
In Yer Face,
Joyrider,
Long Orange,
plus 4 tracks from the new album.
However for a full 808 gig, I'd like to see a set around 90 minutes, which would look more like this (at least one track off each album):
Flow Coma,
Donkey Doctor,
Cobra Bora,
Pacific,
Cubik,
Olympic,
Plan 9,
Gimme Shelter,
Joyrider,
Long Orange,
Kong King,
plus 4 tracks off new album.
Also see other postings on this subject on the old message board, subject 'Live Set List' at http://discussion.808state.com/disc7_toc.htm#000003de or if that doesn't work try http://discussion.808state.com/_disc7/000003de.htm and following.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: markus on 2002-04-15 04:20 ]</font>
Ian

Post by Ian »

I reckon updated 4/4 versions of Olympic (Euro Bass Mix), In Yer Face and Pacific State, Azura and Joyrider would be cool

Would like to hear some new stuff earlier on in the set too

Ian K

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian on 2002-04-16 10:16 ]</font>
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

yeh, leave the big tunes to the end of the set - going back to In Yer Face - i've been listening to the live version they done in 93, it ends with the wicked mellow bit from Facially yours mix. bring that back & i'll re-grow my hair & quit the pocket trumpet playing (that was a 1 off JD)

Post by Guest »

Voiceprint would be the best, its the greatest 808 State track ever, after everything on Newbuild that is!

Post by Guest »

808080808 from 90 updated for the new millenium
markus

Post by markus »

What with the album being postponed, I do hope we are still going to get an updated live show at Glasgow. I'd be disappointed to travel to Glasgow just for a rehash of the Dundee set...