808 State Live in Manchester 26 May 2012

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

Re: 808 State Live in Manchester 26 May 2012

Post by SteveC »

Gr8, If I can make it I'll just pay the £30 on the door, rather than get a ticket. See you there chaps :D
nickking

Post by nickking »

graham wrote:Live set is 12 .30 am . .DJ set is 2.30 am
It's going to be a late one... :-)

Any idea as to when Stu Allen is on? I've been meaning to catch one of his sets for yonks... :)

[And please don't say he clashes with you otherwise I'll go and scream...!] :P

8)
nickking

Post by nickking »

SteveC wrote:Gr8, If I can make it I'll just pay the £30 on the door, rather than get a ticket. See you there chaps :D
Looks as though you've now got a ticket - lucky git! :wink:

8)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

nickking wrote:Looks as though you've now got a ticket - lucky git! :wink:
Yeah, lol, well i think only about 8 people entered so it was a 50/50 chance.

Just been down there today. The nice Mr Bowler said I can have as many VIP wristbands as I want when I get in there, to allow the 808 posse into the VIP bars. Although I can't see the normal bars being that busy, but it's nice to have an 'upgrade'. Saying that you guys tend to have 'access all areas' anyhow :wink:

See you there peeps :D
nickking

Post by nickking »

SteveC wrote:
nickking wrote:Looks as though you've now got a ticket - lucky git! :wink:
Yeah, lol, well i think only about 8 people entered so it was a 50/50 chance.

Just been down there today. The nice Mr Bowler said I can have as many VIP wristbands as I want when I get in there, to allow the 808 posse into the VIP bars. Although I can't see the normal bars being that busy, but it's nice to have an 'upgrade'. Saying that you guys tend to have 'access all areas' anyhow :wink:

See you there peeps :D
LOL - myself & Pete opted for the standard tickets, so an upgrade to the VIP bar will be much appreciated (less queues), although they'll probably be the same price/quality! :wink:

So, what time are you planning on getting to Bowlers? :)

8)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

If all goes to plan I should be dropped off about 10 minutes before 808 are due on (Viva Village Underground).

Don't know how I'm getting home yet, maybe taxi. The first train is 8.08am believe it or not, maybe an omen :D

Don't fancy waiting around Manchester for 3/4 hours after the gig for the train, so might just get fleeced by a taxi, seeing as though it's a free night anyway.

I've got Petes mobby somewhere, if I can't find you I'll send a wee text. :wink:
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

same number steve, i'll text you anyway, you could always crash in john's room :p
Ancodia

Post by Ancodia »

He'd be on the floor, as there's only one bed in my room. :-)
SteveC

Post by SteveC »

WOW! What a night. Incredible.

We all arrived at the same time to be greeted by Graham, who gave us all GOLD wristbands to enable us to go backstage. This was a rare privilege indeed, but as it turned out this was the first of many surprises the moog maestro had in store for us.

We were then given permission to go ONstage during the gig itself. Yes ONstage!! This was a dream come true.

As ‘In Yer Face’ started we reluctantly crept into full view of the crowd, and as ‘Techno City’ began we got more confident and started to move around the stage, messing about with Darren.

It was then that Andy gave us a fan. Well that was it then. We all took in turns doing the ‘Eric’ dance, taking in the screams from the crowd.

Nick then said it was his ambition to dive-bomb into the crowd off a stage, so Andy reprogrammed ‘Timebomb’ to say ‘Divebomb’. Pete said he would test the water and go first. No sooner had we said “Pete, it’s a 10foot drop”, he was gone.

Darren then gave me the mic to try and ‘goad’ the crowd myself. Unbelievable.

Pete then reappeared, his head covered in lipstick kisses and his 808 logo on his old style t-shirt stretched so much from being pulled, it now looked like the new 808 t-shirt logo.

As ‘Cubik’ finished we all lined up at the front of the stage, with hands held, and bowed three times to the ecstatic cheers.

It was then that Graham invited us all back to his house for coffee and cake…................(there’s no place like home...........there’s no place like home.........there’s no place like home).

Nick, what did you wake me up for, I was dreaming about last night.
nickking

Post by nickking »

SteveC wrote:Nick, what did you wake me up for, I was dreaming about last night.
PMSL - ah well, we'll just have to wait until the next 808 gig... :(

8)
PeteB

Post by PeteB »

quality steve, nick loves a bit of Divebomb
nickking

Post by nickking »

Pete wrote:quality steve, nick loves a bit of Divebomb
How on earth did you survive that 10 foot drop? :P

8)
Pob

Post by Pob »

SteveC wrote:WOW! What a night. Incredible.

We all arrived at the same time to be greeted by Graham, who gave us all GOLD wristbands to enable us to go backstage. This was a rare privilege indeed, but as it turned out this was the first of many surprises the moog maestro had in store for us.

We were then given permission to go ONstage during the gig itself. Yes ONstage!! This was a dream come true.

As ‘In Yer Face’ started we reluctantly crept into full view of the crowd, and as ‘Techno City’ began we got more confident and started to move around the stage, messing about with Darren.

It was then that Andy gave us a fan. Well that was it then. We all took in turns doing the ‘Eric’ dance, taking in the screams from the crowd.

Nick then said it was his ambition to dive-bomb into the crowd off a stage, so Andy reprogrammed ‘Timebomb’ to say ‘Divebomb’. Pete said he would test the water and go first. No sooner had we said “Pete, it’s a 10foot drop”, he was gone.

Darren then gave me the mic to try and ‘goad’ the crowd myself. Unbelievable.

Pete then reappeared, his head covered in lipstick kisses and his 808 logo on his old style t-shirt stretched so much from being pulled, it now looked like the new 808 t-shirt logo.

As ‘Cubik’ finished we all lined up at the front of the stage, with hands held, and bowed three times to the ecstatic cheers.

It was then that Graham invited us all back to his house for coffee and cake…................(there’s no place like home...........there’s no place like home.........there’s no place like home).

Nick, what did you wake me up for, I was dreaming about last night.
Man, that is awesome!
808state's Tartan Army

Post by 808state's Tartan Army »

Lol. What really happened?
SPW

Post by SPW »