Utd. State Nokia 808 Pureview

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

Utd. State Nokia 808 Pureview

Postby Qubism » 17 Jun 2012 19:20

Alright peeps?

I want a new phone and I'm a Nokia-head, I hate apple control freakery. Coming very soon is the Nokia 808 pureview with a 41 megapixel camera on it :) It's out in India and maybe out on Monday in the USA. Nokia's US Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/NokiaUS(u might refer to it as Arsebook if you bought shares that instantly plummeted in value - ever hear of the internet bubble that burst? LMFAO :)) has some images from Friday with the American style date 06:18:12 and a picture of Hawaiian islands (phone area code 808), a Roland TR 808 drum machine and the cover of ex:el !!! Should Nokia be paying Graham & co?

I'm almost certain to buy this phone but it's not out in UK yet, maybe Graham could do some joint marketing on the UK pureview release? It ought to come preloaded with 808 ringtones!
I'd be curious to know if he knew about this in advance or not?

Cheers & thanks very much for State to State 3, loved it!

Richard Qubism Shepherd
Qubism

Re: Utd. State Nokia 808 Pureview

Postby Qubism » 03 Sep 2012 00:24

808 State got a mention in Nokia Conversations back in March but I only just came across this today:

http://conversations.nokia.com/2012/03/10/that-808-feeling-an-audiophiles-perspective/

..and they embedded the video for Pacific State :)

I got the phone and one of the most overlooked things is a feature called Rich recording. There have been a lot of reviews of this phone which are either factually inaccurate or completely don't even bother to mention half the features that make it worth buying. The best example was one which said something like "nice 1080p video recording but just in mono sound". WRONG! Not only does it record in stereo, but it has the best microphones in any phone.

You know how if you record video at a gig but the sound is usually crap/distorted on playback? Well with this phone there is none of that distortion, it seems to cope very well with a lot of decibels. There are a lot of videos around the web with 808 owners testing how loud we can go eg, at a gig, ambulances passing with sirens blaring, jet planes in close proximity. This makes me very happy. When I made my Qubism album (last millenium) I had to lug around a sony pro-walkman with a proper microphone (that my brother used for vocals on his music) for wacky outdoor ambience recording. Even then the result was on old analogue cassettes, a bit hissy even with noise reduction and.... MONO :)

Ah the miracles of technological progress....

Cheers,

Qubism
Qubism

Re: Utd. State Nokia 808 Pureview

Postby SPW » 04 Sep 2012 09:57

SPW

Return to 808 State discussion