Un .. Savoury .. Products

Discuss 808 State and related.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

McBain

Post by McBain »

Got up this morning to find one of those P.O. "we showed up with a phat parcel but you couldn't be arsed to get out of bed and let us give it to you" card things.
Promptly went to Wandsworth Road Delivery Office and hey presto! One Black Dog 12", CJ Bolland and 808 State Remixes.. schweet.
Just listening to it now, pretty groovy, a nice trance tip..

Got yours yet Markus?
markus

Post by markus »

No, I'm expecting a lot of mail from the UK, hoping for next week...
Mark

Post by Mark »

Got my copy yesterday McBain. Unfortunately I am in the middle of moving house and I have lent my mate my turntable so I didn't have to pack it.

He is into Peter Gabriel & Genesis and has loads of old records he wants to copy onto CD. (I tried educating him, but to no avail)

I should get it back soon, so I'll let you know what I think of the 808 remix.

Recently got hold of CJ Bollands '4th Sign' CD - great! looking forward to his interpretation too.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

there's nowt wrong with peter gabriel & genesis, that's the music i listened to when i was growing up, and i've turned out ok :wink:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Sorry Rodders.

My apologies, each to thier own as my mother says. (Cliff Richards No 1 fan)
markus

Post by markus »

I have now received the Unsavoury Products album. I can confirm that the 808 State remix on the 12" is a radical one, it bears no resemblance to the original whatsoever :smile: . McBain, the electro track ('Unsavoury Products') you like so much from the black dog radio show doesn't actually feature on the album, it's on the remix 12" number 2.

I hear that Rodders now runs the Phil Collins fanclub UK!
McBain

Post by McBain »

Good stuff Markus, thanks for the info.
I'll be ordering the second 12" when it's released - also I'll pop into SisterRay this weekend and have a mosey. Trouble is I don't know if my bank balance can handle it!
Hey 808, hows about doing a remix of 'Another Day in Paradise' for rodders?? :razz:
Mark

Post by Mark »

Just listened to the Black Dog remix 12"

Great! The 808 track is very dark, I like this hard side to 808. Recommended purchase.

Not too sure about the Bolland remix, its OK, but nothing special.
Rodders

Post by Rodders »

(singing) she seems to have an invisible t.. (stops) oh sorry guys got a bit carried away there.

i don't actually listen to them much these days, but 'the lamb lies down on broadway' still rates as one of all time fave albums.

an 808 rmx of 'carpet crawlers', now theres an idea...
nickking

Post by nickking »

BTW, latest Future Music issue (May 2002, issue 122) features a cover CD and interview of The Black Dog. On the CD are samples of the track 'Unsavoury Products' (only available on the 2nd promo 12" out soon - the one with the Jimmy Cauty/Beloved mixes on it).

Also, it says the following:

"The Black Dog are working on remixes for The Dandy Warhols, David Garza and the French artist Norscq. They'll also be a Peel Session featuring vocals by Beth Hirsch and a remix album of Unsavoury Products featuring interpretations from CJ Bolland, 808 State, A Guy Called Gerald, Jimmy Cauty and Metamatics."

Hmmm.. a remix album?

l8rs,

Nick :wink: