The Ten Commandments........to World Peace

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

SteveC

The Ten Commandments........to World Peace

Post by SteveC »

1. Teach every human being the basics of Cosmology, making them aware of how vast and awe inspiring the Universe is and how insignificant we are in relation to it.

2. Educate every human with the knowledge of planetary evolution, how we came to be and how one day natural forces will endanger our survival.

3. Increase awareness of natural and man made environmental destruction, focusing on its long term effects and possible remedies.

4. Keep religious views private and within the confines of your household, making it an illegal act to air those views publicly or with a contrasting religious faith.

5.Ensure every government has a democratically electable party or leader voted for by its people and representing the views of its people.

6. Wipe out third world debt and set up a World Peace Committee existing of notable charitable executives from leading organisations. G7 leaders will adopt the policies tendered by this council and fund projects and initiatives devised by them.

7. Monies to 'Heal the World' will exclusively be 'Made to Order' without being repaid or affecting the G7 budgets as it will be a 'Black Hole' donation. Accountants will oversee how it is utilised to avoid any corrupt transactions.

8. Ensure more effective communication between ALL world leaders utilising technological advances to aid discussions.

9. Incorporate a global strategy to reduce armed forces and militaria world-wide.

10. Adopt a world-wide 'National Hug Day' whereby we celebrate our life, our peace, our survival and our future with friends, family and neighbours with public affection.

P.S "Stupid White Men" is essential reading
Dr.Walsh

Robert Muller (former UN Secretary General) World Peace Plan

Post by Dr.Walsh »

Yeah - i like most of it but making it illegal to talk about religion outside yer house is a little bit extreme don't you reckon?

A really interesting person with amazing ideas on the subject of world peace is Robert Muller, a former UN Secretary General.

Check out his web-site at: www.goodmorningworld.org :)

Paradise Earth - let's make it real! :)
Magical Dream

Post by Magical Dream »

Yep Belfast could do with a bit of real peace...But basically we fight over land and money.
People are tribal in nature; erroneous religeous beliefs contribute to divisions as much as ignorant views on ethnicity etc.
Remove the gap in natural resources and we might have a chance. But to be honest with the plethora of Rap super-wealthy imagary we fed for instance, how are we going to steer our kids away from hyper-capitalism?
Capitalism epidomises selfishness.

I've got 15 bentleys in the west Indies...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! or does it..?
Magical Dream

Post by Magical Dream »

Yep Belfast could do with a bit of real peace...But basically we fight over land and money.
People are tribal in nature; erroneous religeous beliefs contribute to divisions as much as ignorant views on ethnicity etc.
Remove the gap in natural resources and we might have a chance. But to be honest with the plethora of Rap super-wealthy imagary we fed for instance, how are we going to steer our kids away from hyper-capitalism?
Capitalism epidomises selfishness.

I've got 15 bentleys in the west Indies...IT DOESN'T MATTER!!! or does it..?
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

People talk about you can't change human nature, and that humans are naturally violent, in my opinion this is cobblers (quite literally) - the main human instinct is to live in peace, there has been far more times of people living in peace than in war in human history. :)

Various Hindus and Buddhists and Native Americans (from what I have read) all forecast violent times for humans in the period we're currently living in, but most seem to think we'll get over it. :)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

As for hip hop, I can see hip hop going back to its roots in the mainstream some time soon. Most things go full circle don't they?

People are forecasting another daisy age of hip hop is just around the corner. Even Westwood has new daisy age hip hoppers like Common on his show these days... :)

And as far as the mainstream is concerned it only takes a word or two from one or two of the 'big' names - i reckon they all know what it's about, there can't be any hip hopper in the game who doesn't know about Grandmaster Flash and KRS-1, what they are about and what they stand for. I reckon a lot of 'em are just making money while they can. When they can make more money out of keeping it real they will.

Even P.Diddy is doing house music these days, getting Darren Emerson and Deep Dish to do tunes for him and toasting over Morillo sets! People wouldn't have thought that would be happening a bit ago! :)

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I feel the human race is still quite young (especially the West in terms of spiritual understanding - Western religion is generally the illusion of certainty for people wanting certainty (and as any good salesman knows the illusion of certainty is generally a good seller!)

When something is young it is generally over-enthusiastic, and sometimes violent, but with age generally comes maturity, understanding, wisdom and peace - that's what I reckon anyway.

Have you ever heard 'Welcome To The Future' by Nova (as featured on Anthony Pappa's Global Underground Nubreed mix CD1 track 11)?

"Imagine a time, no fears, no crime, a better tomorrow, no tears, no sorrow, imagine a place beyond time, beyond space... welcome to the future... the future is beautiful!"... or a magical dream made reality! :)
David

Post by David »

From Dublin and currently in the US-I get asked about 'the troubles' all the time especially now since the IRA has lost its slightly 'cool' image after 911.

It is surprising that when you see the death figures in N Ireland compared to other figures

Deaths in N ireland since 1969 3500 approx
Deaths on Republic roads per decade 3000

I always always felt that N Ireland was always blown out of proportion.
Ireland has both communities playing in the same rugby and cricket teams.This amazes alot of people worldwide.
Also both communities can come together in their love of Dance Music.

Hopefully the worse is now over.
Dr.Walsh

'Belfast' by Orbital

Post by Dr.Walsh »

'Belfast' by Orbital :)

How good is that tune? Sums a lot of it up really doesn't it?

Chokes me up and lifts me up every time I hear it! :)
Dr.Walsh

Post by Dr.Walsh »

if anybody would like to do their bit for world peace please come along to Earthdance (www.earthdance.org) at The Light Bar/The Old School House in Cambridge on 20th/21st September 2003. :)

the official press release is going on the Music section.

peace and positive vibes,

'dr.' walsh :)
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

World Peace? I'll believe it when I see it.