Bowling for Columbine

Discuss non-musical topics that are not related to 808 State or music.

Moderators: Ancodia, Pob, markus, nickking

David

Bowling for Columbine

Post by David »

Anybody see this film ?

It won an Oscar for best documentary.

One of the best films I have ever seen-funny too.

Nice synopsis of American foreign policy since 1945.

I love the clip of Bush's blanket terror warning.
He gives a terror warning with no justification and with no reason.
Just gives it full stop-with a blank face. Hilarious if it wasn't so scary.
Supraset

Post by Supraset »

I just saw this as it came out on DVD.

I found it entertaining and Michael Moore had some good questions. I especially liked his idea for a television show called 'Corporate Cops' :).

But it's just entertainment and I would hate for anyone to think that this film accurately depicts America. If the only source you get your information from is the television and movies I could see where one might be compelled to follow Moore's train of thought.

I fail to see how this film is a documentary because the facts are not presented objectively and the movie is edited to all hell.

Moore ponders America with a child like mind trying to make connections with this piece of information and that. And that's how this film plays.

To summarize it I basically took it as Moore thinking out loud to himself about some current issues and he's really trying to understand it all... but he just doesn't get it.

I think he would be better served to take some of the millions he's made off of his films and invest it in about 8 years of higher education for himself. He does have potential but he needs some good schooling to work things out. Maybe then he could really change the world and not just make it more pissed off and feeling like victims.